Sign in to follow this  

05 ttr buying helo.

What should I pay for a very slightly used 05 ttr125 with the big wheel kit. I am talking less then 10 hours, original everything.

If it not the electric start model don't buy it . You should be able to find one for $1,200.oo to $1500 or less depending on where you live.

Trust me don't buy a non electric start and don't use the kick starter at all if possible and you'll be better off in the long term .It will last far longer and is less likely to have problems.

What should I pay for a very slightly used 05 ttr125 with the big wheel kit. I am talking less then 10 hours, original everything.

The best way to find bike values (IMHO) is to use craigslist in your locale and check what others are asking....prices vary by location so greatly, it's hard to say exactly. Take the average asking prices, then knock off about 10% (everyone asks a few bucks more than they end up getting).

In my area, $1500 is about the tops.

As for the kick start thing.....2001 model that's a non-e-start, and never had a problem.

We bought a very lightly used 2003 TTR 125L for 1000 last year. That will be about the common asking price for my area. Bikes are cheap here, but atv's are outrageously expensive.

And I beat on the 125 weekly, and haven't had a problem. However, I did put the frame cradle on, which when you buy it, it is a must. You should consider it as part of the "start-up" price.

yea its a bike that is in mint condition and he wants 1500 i am trying to get him to let it go for 1300 it is for mygirlfriend so i am not going to need the bbr frame support just yet.

Being it is for the girlfriend, then I assume she won't beat on it as much as my kid does. I put on the cradle, switched out all of the stress fasteners to grade 8 bolts, and I'm looking for the yz 85 front end. He already has the BBR fork springs and rear spring.

He's about to turn 14, so I figure there are two more years of spending money on the bike for him. Then his brothers get their turns on the "hand me downs".

Kids' rides: Kawasaki Bayou 220, Yamaha TTR 125L, Honda XR70R

Dad's rides: 1994 Dodge Dakota (173,000 miles), 1978 MG Midget (100,300 miles)

It just doesn't seem fair.

The guy is willing to take 1300 and some incentives discounts i get on some gear he wants. this is an image i included with some questions maybe someone can answer thanks in advance i

dont know what link works so I used multiple.

bike.jpg

I edited your post so the image is viewable without clicking.

As for your questions, looks to me like the chain came off it's sprockets and bounced around in there. TTR's stock chain guide is known to be a POS, allowing the chain to be easily derailed off the rear sprocket. Looks like this may have happened here.

Look around for any non-factory welds that the paint may have been applied to hide. Then again, he could have just touched up the paint on the lower portions of the frame so it wasn't bare metal (that paint gets rubbed off in the first ten hours of operation).

I'd pull the front sprocket cover (two 8mm bolts, I believe) and look for any damage under there. If it's just a mere flesh wound (superficial scratches), I'd not be concerned.

If those two little garfs in the shifter and shifter linkage bug you, they'll go away with a link-less shifter.

The guy is willing to take 1300 and some incentives discounts i get on some gear he wants. this is an image i included with some questions maybe someone can answer thanks in advance i

dont know what link works so I used multiple.

bike.jpg

Don't see anything that seems too bad in the pics .

What could cause this fresh aluminum - not sure could just be wear from dirt ect make sure it's not a case repair with JB weld it's probley not.

Could this be over spray - Yep it's spray Probley just normal wear touch up from ones boot around the case and shifter area .

Is this a chip in the shifter- Yea it's a chip could be from a rock or other happening.

Looks like a E-start if it sounds good shifts good everything else seems good it's probley a decent TTR 125 .

If you decide to buy it change the oil often and you may be lucky and have no problems with it .Even if you take care of it it's possible for the main axel shaft to snap.Hopefully you won't have that problem anytime soon.Don't ever use the kick start ever if possible.

Best reguards and Good Luck and have fun with it

Thanks for the help I am going to check it out Wednesday and do a little investigation. he said its like brand new so we will see what it looks like in person.

If it's just a mere flesh wound (superficial scratches), I'd not be concerned.

QUOTE]

Nice Montey Python in the Search for the Holy Grail Quote. "I am the Black Knight!"

I started asking questions and within a few hours he sold the bike to someone else. maybe it wasn't that nice after all. and from that picture I posted is that the stock color of the left side engine cover other ones I have looked at seem quite different.