Sign in to follow this  

Mattawa

My group of buddies is thinking of heading east for some riding tomarrow. Can anyone give us some directions? We are coming from north bend.thanks!:)

do a search here and you will get more than ample info. basically cross the columbia and take a right to othello and then another quick right to tri cities. follow to mattawa and take a left into town. go thru town and left on road "R" I believe. follow to the end. Or park in the dunes or down by the river and shave about 20 minutes.

If any of your buddies are beginners then go to Rd R or waste that 20 min. trying to get up the hill.

saddlemtnstaging.jpg

TONY

I am going to Mattawa tomorrow though North Bend.

I know the area pretty good, let me know, if you need a guide.

Frank

They have the Dirty Poker Run going on Sat and Sun. You might just pop in do a quick lap and then head to the main area. http://fringe-mc.com/

I've heart about it, don't know where the poker run will be, they are talking about a water crossing, I haven't seen any in the area where we usually ride.

I've heart about it, don't know where the poker run will be, they are talking about a water crossing, I haven't seen any in the area where we usually ride.

Its north of Beverly, south of Vantage, east of the highway on the road along the river. There's a small stream crossing there from what i remember a few years ago. It was pretty fun frow what I remember.

Hey will you do me a favor? Give me a pass report when you get back?

I've been watching and it looks like they may be deicing...

http://i90.atmos.washington.edu/roadview/i90/

I'm heading to Mattawa on Sunday but last time I did the pass in the winter my bike got all kinds of road ish slung on it from the de-icer and snow. It was the one time I didn't wash my bike immediately after riding... about a week later I saw rust spots where there wasn't rust before and corrosion on the engine... Took forever to clean it up. Near ruined 4 other rides over the following months because the junctions in the wiring harness got corroded too. I had to go through each connector pin by pin to clean them.... I did learn a lot about my wiring harness.

Cle Elum Safeway around Thanksgiving on the way to Mattawa:

Mattawa%20Thanksgiving2.JPG

Mattawa%20Thanksgiving4.JPG

4 Months Later, still chasing corrosion gremlins in the Green Dots (LT Murray) 5 miles from the truck...:

LT_Murray_02.JPG

Wow, what a total thread hijack, sorry.

Joe and Russ have a safe ride wish I could make it

Thanks Gino! i'll bring back the videos. hey!!! you posted!! way to go!

Joe

Well guys it turned out to be a really fun time. We had a 450x, 2 250x's and a crf100 with us. We got in about 26 miles before the crf100 broke a piston ring, by that time the whoops had us worn out anyways. Good times!

not to butt in, but i've never rode mattawa, is the area open for riding or do you have to go around some cattle gate to gain access? from pictures i've seen posted elsewere on tt it looks similar to odessa. thanks for any info

not to butt in, but i've never rode mattawa, is the area open for riding or do you have to go around some cattle gate to gain access? from pictures i've seen posted elsewere on tt it looks similar to odessa. thanks for any info

Very much like Odessa, the cattle gate mentioned is a drive through pass but there are a couple of wire gates you may need to open while riding. Just be careful to stay in bounds and close any gates behind you. Much of the area is grazed in the spring/early summer so gates are up for a reason.

Cross country travel is fine when riding there. The most technical trail is in the ravine bottoms but terrain closest to Odessa is the cross country. The staging area on Rd. R has a map of the area and shows the boundries which are not marked well. Your first time or two there can be confusing but it is not that tough to figure out. Fun place to ride if you dont mind a rock or two...and bike armor strongly suggested. :thumbsup:

TONY