Sign in to follow this  

XL600 tires

I'm a tire idiot so forgive my stupid questions, I was about to order some tires online but I wasn't sure of the sizing so I figured I would check first :)

The front tire currently on my bike is a 3.00 but the nearest size I can find in the tire i want is a 3.50. Should this be alright to mount? I was assuming it would be but thought I'd check before I lay down the money

Thanks

:banghead:

What kind of tires are you looking at? The standard size on the front is a 3.00x21.. They are available in a lot of different brands. At least a lot more than a 3.50x21.. Are you using the stock rim sizes?

Yes I'm using the stock rims and I'm going for the Mefo Explorers which are fairly hard to get. There is only one official dealer in Canada and they only have the 3.5 in 21 inch front

Wow! At $150 a tire it must do something really special. I think that I'll pass on that.

Well I ordered the 3.50X21 from the Canadian retailer. The tires were a bit cheaper than the KLR website and with the exchange rate and shipping ($40 to my door) it was more worth even if it isn't the exact size.

Thanks for the help!

where i ordered the tires

http://www.aviciouscycle.ca/mefoexplorer.html

:thumbsup: