Sign in to follow this  

get a load of this...

At 700 and change for a slip on, it's cheap too. :)

Does look cool...wonder if it works as advertised.

It's been around for a while. Looks good but it's hard to justify the cost when you can buy a high performance full line for pennies more.

Edit: Just to be clear... I meant for pennies more than this slip-on one can buy a full line MRD/SSW... I'll take the MRD any day but that's just me (!)

It's been around for a while. Looks good but it's hard to justify the cost when you can buy a high performance full line for pennies more.

+1

Alot of coin for alot of noise and not much else.

$700 JUST for a muffler???? You are kidding me right? It's a glorified Supertrapp. I remember buying a universal Supertrapp for my old quad for something like $150?

$700 muffler, now THAT is funny! :)

Someone on here fitted one and promised to post dyno charts, but, never did.

I suspect the before and after numbers were extremely disappointing.

I am sure the marketing guys said "If we price it at $250.00, people will not believe out outrageous claims. But at $425.00 it must be good. Hell, we can dump our full system for $725.00 I bet."

The slip-on is $425. The full system is $735.

The short can really cleans up the look in the rear. It sounds good also, but it would need to be proven before I plop down over $700 on an exhaust.

I suspect the before and after numbers were extremely disappointing.

I am sure the marketing guys said "If we price it at $250.00, people will not believe out outrageous claims. But at $425.00 it must be good. Hell, we can dump our full system for $725.00 I bet."

I agree with your suspicions William, pity that poster didn't have the gumption to post results and admit defeat.

Another point to consider on this, why would you want to add back pressure? If you spent all your coin on the can and cannot afford the JD jet kit I suppose.

The point of a system is to reduce backpressure! Adding back in makes it a expensive piece of bling with no go. But there are many out there that all they want is the bling and could honestly care less if there really is more performance. As long as it sounds fast, just like a '91 clapped out Civic with a coffee can and a plywood wing.

As long as it sounds fast, just like a '91 clapped out Civic with a coffee can and a plywood wing.

Wow, have you spent time in Florida lately?!? :):banghead::banghead:

But there are many out there that all they want is the bling and could honestly care less if there really is more performance. As long as it sounds fast, just like a '91 clapped out Civic with a coffee can and a plywood wing.

HEY! i own a 91 clapped out civic LOL :)

the muffler fell off after hitting a big dip....it sounds really fast now:smirk:

HPIM2678.jpg

Here's a link from the guy who was going to get dynos..

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=658302&highlight=hardrock+exhaust

just as a follow upt to that thread i was right about the jetting.

he eventaully figured out those gusy have no clue and did as i suggested and the bike ran great.

havent seen him around lately.

As long as it sounds fast, just like a '91 clapped out Civic with a coffee can and a plywood wing.

I don't know where I heard it but I call those wings shopping cart handles now. IMO they are uber :thumbsup: and Maybe 1 out of 500 have actually utilized the positive effects of the handle even once.

HEY! i own a 91 clapped out civic LOL :usa:

the muffler fell off after hitting a big dip....it sounds really fast now:smirk:

HPIM2678.jpg

I want ur civic lol :thumbsup: ....for the past few months i've been really into EF sedans

Another point to consider on this, why would you want to add back pressure? If you spent all your coin on the can and cannot afford the JD jet kit I suppose.

The point of a system is to reduce backpressure! Adding back in makes it a expensive piece of bling with no go. But there are many out there that all they want is the bling and could honestly care less if there really is more performance. As long as it sounds fast, just like a '91 clapped out Civic with a coffee can and a plywood wing.

I think a factory drz makes more power than those retarded little crap cans... Looks and sounds better doing it too!