Sign in to follow this  

Cant get my Clutch lever off?

alright so im in the pits nailing this jump that ive been working on for the past 5 days im whipping the bike around land wrong and now ive got a broken clutch and brake lever:foul: . i got the brake lever off but i cant get the clutch lever off the nut comes off the bolt but the bolt just turns and turns wont come out ive tried pushing the bottom of the bolt up while turning it didnt do anything so somethings stripped im hoping its the threads on the bolt not the threads on the part thats mounted to the bars. anybody ever have this problem and howd u get the bolt out?

Likely gonna need a new bolt now.. Those are shouldered, or have a collar so it wont matter to cut it off.. If you have the means to cut it off, do that then re-tap the threads on the perch.. You should be stylin... :)

alright so i grinded the bolt and the lever apart probably in about 6 different places finally got it off so what happened was the brass bushing came apart from the lever and seized to the bolt no wonder i couldn't get it out but were all good now i got new levers this morning and a new bolt for the clutch its back together and loaded in the back of the truck right now!