Sign in to follow this  

SNF New Gate At Landers Camp......

Anybody know when the new gate will be opended? I just went there this past weekend and ran into the new gate, not literally.... It says it's a seasonal thing, I just don't know if it's closed for winter due to the snow or closed for summer due to the fire danger?

Anybody know when the new gate will be opended? I just went there this past weekend and ran into the new gate, not literally.... It says it's a seasonal thing, I just don't know if it's closed for winter due to the snow or closed for summer due to the fire damger?

Hi John. Exactly where is this new gate? If you could give me trail numbers since those I have memorized for the SBNF but I'm not sure where Landers Camp is. :thumbsup:

We were up there when the forest service installed the gates and he told me that the gates would be closed because of the fire damage, the forest service want to protect us from falling trees. that just what we need someone to protect us.

but I'm not sure where Landers Camp is. :thumbsup:

Not in SBNF. It's the Piutes.

Hi John. Exactly where is this new gate? If you could give me trail numbers since those I have memorized for the SBNF but I'm not sure where Landers Camp is. :thumbsup:

Hey Walt, I should have been more descriptive, my bad. it's the Saquoia National Forrest in the Piutes north/west above Dove Springs. What an awesome area, single track forrest. only been once last year and tried to see it again last weekend.

My buddy was lost overnight last year in the piutes and was found the next day. He was fustrated with single track and went back to camp on his own. Din't stay with the group and took a wrong turn. Got the bike stuck near a crashed airplane from about 20 years ago and had to walk out the next morning. The rescue team was nice enough to go get his bike and ride it out.

He wont do that anymore.....

Was at the gate closure on Friday the 20th and its still closed. However the gate is high and there were tracks crossing under it. We did not..........Rode the north end of 34E31 trail until my buddies XR 400 decided to boil 4+ gallons of fuel!:thumbsup:

Nice and green up there now........seems like a lame closure to me, however there is snow up in there mountains!

th_PICT0008.jpg

Gate closure at French meadow entrance.......Landers area. Road # 28s27...