Sign in to follow this  

Rim anodizing

What companies would you guys recommend and what is there website? Also, how much did it cost. Thanks

Anodizing is an electroplating process. I have a feeling it would cost you more than buying rims in the color you wanted to begin with. Powder coating them would be much more cost effective FWIW.

When I searched some time ago..I don't recall it being that much more than PC'ing.

If you have the time and initiative, you can do it yourself...

http://www.caswellplating.com/kits/

I got a PC'ing system from them and have done numerous pieces from my bike. Great site, they have a finishing forum as well...might want to post something there...

TCR at wheellacing.com does it. The prices are on their website.

Them seem to be a bit pricy, but maybe not. I'm trying a guy in Fresno. He quoted me $90 for both upper fork tubes. Although I haven't had him do them yet, I will let you know how it goes and if the pricing was correct. I've had my share of quoting one price and the bill is no where near what was quoted with some companies......

Thought you were doing your rims???

But yeah, be sure to let us know how it goes, and the final pricing...90 for both tubes sounds reasonable. Probably just about the same for the rims...

Let us know who the company is!

Thought you were doing your rims???

But yeah, be sure to let us know how it goes, and the final pricing...90 for both tubes sounds reasonable. Probably just about the same for the rims...

Let us know who the company is!

the fork tube guy isint the thread creator for the rims.

I had TCR do an excel front rim for me and I was not impressed. By the time I paid shipping there and back I could have bought a new rim. It has held up pretty well but it has some light spots.

There is a shop in Portland, Or that I have used many times and they do great work. The best part is they only charge $20 per wheel and are done in a day.