Sign in to follow this  

1994 rm80 that carb is flooding

took float seat out and found a piece of trash in it. cleaned it out. the valve has a small indention ring on end of it, but holding the carb in your hand and moving the float you could get it to seal off. i have a new valve and seat and haven't installed yet. i have adjusted the float height and it would help for a few minutes, but would quickly start flooding the carb. i have already tried the plug it calls for a one model down hotter plug, not seeing a difference. i adusted the timing some and it helped, but at the same time i had just put the carb back on bike, so it probably was not overflowing yet. my gut is telling me it's the valve and seat, but i am not sure the float is bad

took float seat out and found a piece of trash in it. cleaned it out. the valve has a small indention ring on end of it, but holding the carb in your hand and moving the float you could get it to seal off. i have a new valve and seat and haven't installed yet. i have adjusted the float height and it would help for a few minutes, but would quickly start flooding the carb. i have already tried the plug it calls for a one model down hotter plug, not seeing a difference. i adusted the timing some and it helped, but at the same time i had just put the carb back on bike, so it probably was not overflowing yet. my gut is telling me it's the valve and seat, but i am not sure the float is bad

Take the carb off again and remove the float in may have a small pin hole leak in the float it’s self. Hold it to your ear and shake it to see if gas is inside of it because the float does not push very hard against the needle and if it is leaking it will not seal properly. But if the needle is damaged it will leak replaced it and then check the float high again. Also check the choke plunger at the base of the plunger has a rubber seal if it is damaged or has crap under it will not seal when the choke is off.

Hope this helps have a good one.👍

• Like 1