The Pa DCNR tribute to the Man

we rode the offroad/jeep trails mostly. You may be able to do some of them with an sm. Bald eagle has some very rock terrain with the occasion mud pits on some of the lesser run offroad trails. That being said there's hundreds of miles of varying terrain from inpassable(for me that is) single tracks to miles and miles of graveled fire roads. Great place to ride already planing my next trip. Oh and the six hours we were riding we didn't see a single person on the trails. Can't believe that no one else is riding up there.

Yeah, that's making the decision on whether on not to get dual sport more and more convincing to get one:banana: That place is only 1.5hrs from me. Do you have anymore pictures of the ride? I would love to get over there sometime. I might take my truck in the meantime just to see the place.

Also, there are state run campsites in Bald eagle forest. Great place for a multiple day trip. Plenty of terrain for the beginner and tougher stuff if you are looking for a challenge. The parks service also provides nicely made maps of the trail system. This place is an under utilized resource. I'll be back up there soon.

Matt, we'll have to get some others next time. Big group would be fun.

Time to get some dirt tires for the sm. I laid my s down in the mud with a mt21 and a 606 rear(offroad tires) Mud and bogs appear on the trails from time to time where springs run down the mountain. I'd fear for ya with those sm tires. Fire roads wouldn't be a problem, but the fun lies off of the fire roads. We will post next time we plan to go up.

Did you do the dual sport or offroad loop? If dual sport, do you think it can be done on SM street tires? I was thinking of going there.

Would not try the offroad loop with the SM :usa: Dualsport loop is dirt roads connecting trails they vary from

BaldEagle002.jpg

to

BaldEagle005.jpg

Choose your trails wisely and you will be fine. ?

Is a dual sport with tags required to ride that area?

I am interested in off road as I do not have tags.

Tags required for the dualsport loop. The Offroad trails are also called Shade Mountain Trail system. PATRA has some information here . The offroad trail system has a couple decent trails but is mostly a rocky mess.

• Like 1

Hey guys thanks for all the details! The DRZ is my 1st "dirtbike", so my only experience offroad is on gravel roads -which are tons of fun! I'm not new to motorcycles though, as I am currently riding with NESBA with my GSXR at their Intermediate level. I actually got a trail map last fall of this park system and had planned to get there this year. A set of dirt wheels/tires may be in my DRZ's future. Post up if anyone plans to go there. Thanks Again!

good news is that dirt wheels for an sm are significantly cheaper than put sm wheels on a s(situation that I am in). We are already talking about heading back up in april. April is when all the campgrounds open up. The next trip we plan on doing with an overnight. Can't wait for the warm weather. We'll be sure to post up before we make plans.?