putting new valves in a new head

Hey guys I have a quick question. I blew up my head after a valve broke and here is my question. I have a brand new head from the factory. Can I just put the valves in the head or do I need to get the seats cut? Also does anyone know if the heads come with valve guides installed already?

Guides are installed, but the seals, of course, are not.

The valves should just drop in and work, but you should test the sealing between valve and seat before using the head. If any fail to seal, they can be lightly skim cut to correct this. DO NOT lap the valves for any reason, regardless of what you see printed or hear said anywhere.

After you assemble it, take it to a reputable machine shop and ask them to vacuum test the head. THis can usually be done while you wait if they are not too busy, and doesn't cost much. THis will tell you immediately the fit between the valve and seat. Like gray said the chance of it not sealing is small, but it is best to make sure. A less expensive but slightly less detailed way to check is to "solvent test" the valves by filling the combustion chamber with solvent and watching for leaks through the seat. Good luck!!

Dave