I just cant have nice things

Today I took my NEW DRZ out off road. Wet clay sucks. Dumped it 2 times. both sides are scuffed up and the left rad got crunched a little. Nothing broke at least. I think ill wait till i get rad guards befor i take it off road again.

Only got 81miles on this tank I checked the fuel mileage and i only got 41mpg.

I,ve got 300miles on her now. Should the fuel mileage get better when its broken in. Or is it just because its only 30-40 degrees out right now.

Off road damage gives the bike character.

If you do go off road and don't have lever guards carry extra clutch and brake levers. I once broke two clutch levers and one brake lever on one ride. It sucks riding home w/out a clutch lever.

Off road damage gives the bike character.

If you do go off road and don't have lever guards carry extra clutch and brake levers. I once broke two clutch levers and one brake lever on one ride. It sucks riding home w/out a clutch lever.

BINGO!! I like the scuff marks on my plastics. The imperfect handgaurds, dirty frame, dirty wheels that never get polished. Just cleaned with a green scrathc pad and simple green. I have only had this bike 7 months and I would rather ride it than clean it. JMO get some knobbies and have fun.

Hey man i feel you pain, i bought a brand new 08' s a few months back. I've scuffed her up a bit, but hey if your not dropping the bike off road... your not riding hard enough! Also, your chances of wrecking you bike are greatly increased with the death wings on, there a good tire if your riding on road, but off its a death trap, hence the name " death wings". Have fun man, get some knobbies and you'll be surprised by how much better the bike handles in the dirt.

happy riding!

I have Pirelli MT21s. It was wet clay and i was going slow around a branch sticking out.

accessories in order I will buy them.

Unabikers

Moose FLEX SERIES HANDLEBARS BURLESON bend

Moose Aluminum Handguards black w/ black COMPETITION HANDGUARD PROTECTORS for Flex series handlebars

CARBON FIBER SKID BY ELINE

The reason Im going with moose is that they support the NRA.

If it ant dirty you ant using it right.?

I have an 08 also that i got in october 08, last sunday i fell over after climbing a 3ft rock and the bike landed upside down. Luckily i haven't seriously wrecked anything yet but there are battle scratches. I just can't live life in a glass jar so i have to go out and get banged up. You really feel the 300lbs weight when you take her off road though, should be an olympic event picking up a fully fueled drz.

?

HAHAHAHA

ya i knew I would fall.

I was hopeing i would get the Unabikers on 1st tho.

Im glad nothing broke. Just scuffed and that can be buffed out.

Hoping? You act like them una's were going to get on there themselves.

Buddy of mine got one from his dad and he won't even let him take it out until he's gotten the skid plate and the rad guards on it :usa:

Hoping? You act like them una's were going to get on there themselves.

Buddy of mine got one from his dad and he won't even let him take it out until he's gotten the skid plate and the rad guards on it ?

like i should have done. im waiting for the unabikers.

Hey Ford.....Man I'm glad you had the new tires on:thumbsup: .......I was ready to pounce on your ass and tell you why you should have sent me those Deathwings:smirk: If you don't fall, you never learn the true limits of your equipment.?