How much is this worth?

I have a 2005 TTR 125E that I'm having my dad sell because I never get to ride it anymore. I live 2.5 hours away and have two small kids, so no riding for me. I've logged about 10 hours, no joke, on it, maybe two tanks of gas. So, its practically brand new. Never even been in the mud. Even the tires still have the tits on them. It has been sitting a while and he said the carb was dirty, so he put some cleaner in it and had it running pretty good. Well, a guy came to look at it today, and dad said it wouldn't start. they messed around with it for a while and finally got it to start but it was still sputtering. The guy offered him $1400. I think that seems like a rip off to me. Even if it needs a new carb, thats what, $200 for the part? Dad said there was some grit in the gas tank, but that seems like it would be easy enough to clean out.

What do you think, what should i be able to get out of it?

Thanks

I have a 2005 TTR 125E that I'm having my dad sell because I never get to ride it anymore. I live 2.5 hours away and have two small kids, so no riding for me. I've logged about 10 hours, no joke, on it, maybe two tanks of gas. So, its practically brand new. Never even been in the mud. Even the tires still have the tits on them. It has been sitting a while and he said the carb was dirty, so he put some cleaner in it and had it running pretty good. Well, a guy came to look at it today, and dad said it wouldn't start. they messed around with it for a while and finally got it to start but it was still sputtering. The guy offered him $1400. I think that seems like a rip off to me. Even if it needs a new carb, thats what, $200 for the part? Dad said there was some grit in the gas tank, but that seems like it would be easy enough to clean out.

Thanks

I paid $1600 for a good-condition '05 TTR125LE two years ago. Take the $1400 and be done with it.

JayC

Thanks

Like the song says, Take the Money and Run!

Used bikes are a dime a dozen right now, and bikes that need work aren't even bringing a nickel a ton.

In good running condition, an 05 TTR125 non big wheel is lucky to pull $1500. Remember, we are talking a 4+ yr old bike here, and demand is way down in the used bike market.

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/mcy/1054265678.html

I was just at the dealership a week ago and they had a new '08 TTR 125 w/o electric start for $1495. I just bough my wife an '05 TTR 230 that runs great for $1400 and bought myself a '04 TTR 250 for $1400 w/ a dirty carb(free fix) and worn out tire. So I would say you are doing pretty good getting $1400 for yours.

• 2 weeks later...