Intimadators (fork valving) are %50 off with advrider discount

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys been following the thread on intiminators?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135295&page=1481

jesee tested em, likes em better than emulators and is gonna carry them, if that tells ya anything!

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135295&page=1496

cogent is also switching over.

50% advrider discount ends sometime friday.

DON'T miss out on this pricing or you'll be kicking yourself!

here's a comparison pic w/ emulators (on left).

504543172cfdafl2453de9.jpg

?

Good idea to give the heads up over here. Mine have arrived but the full work schedual will keep me from installing for while.

Ricor was very generous to extend this discount to us and time is running out quickley to get in on it. If you think you might want to upgrade this is your chance. All the reviews I have heard so far are positive.

?

Good idea to give the heads up over here. Mine have arrived but the full work schedual will keep me from installing for while.

Ricor was very generous to extend this discount to us and time is running out quickley to get in on it. If you think you might want to upgrade this is your chance. All the reviews I have heard so far are positive.

agreed. at first i was really critical, but these are amazing little devices.

Surprised that this thread didn't get any play. I hope everyone that wanted some jumped on them. It was a seriously good deal.

Like you, I was suspect of them but I took a shot at them on a leap of faith kind of thing after some reading. I think it was a smart move. The top parts people are endorsing them almost overnight. The emulators just got kicked to the curb.

Not sure if the deal ends Friday (tomorrow) or goes through tomorrow. If anyone is on the fence about it, jump on it tonight and get the 50% off.

Surprised that this thread didn't get any play. I hope everyone that wanted some jumped on them. It was a seriously good deal.

Like you, I was suspect of them but I took a shot at them on a leap of faith kind of thing after some reading. I think it was a smart move. The top parts people are endorsing them almost overnight. The emulators just got kicked to the curb.

Not sure if the deal ends Friday (tomorrow) or goes through tomorrow. If anyone is on the fence about it, jump on it tonight and get the 50% off.

me too but maybe this crowd doesn't spend anytime on advrider.

everything in life is about momentum and maybe it hasn't hit here yet because mxrob and such has endorsed it yet. like the saying goes early bird gets the worm and thus those that move on this today will be happy when a month goes and they need to have one then are bitching about the $300 price. oh we, let it be stated today that captturbo & i tried on this thursday 4-9-09 to hook you guys up. this is your final warning!

?

Can you document the installation process ?

:confused::excuseme:

fairly basic.

-jack up bike

-remove brake caliper/ fr. wheel/speedo cable

-start w/ 1 fork leg

-loosen top bolt & then lossen top cap of fork

-lossen bottom bolt and then slide fork leg out.

-remove cap/spring/spacer

-pour out oil

-compress leg all the way and fill oil to desired level (others will chime in here)

-expand leg all the way out

-put leg back into tripple clamp & torque lower bolt to hold

-install intminator then spring then spacer then cap

-using a socket helps push down cap & so you don't cross thread

-torque cap & the uppper bolt

-repeat other side & reassy the rest

that's the jist of it, i believe

-install intminator then spring then spacer then cap

So the Intiminator is dropped down the tube and sits between the damping rod and the fork spring ?

RICOR mentioned using chims, where does this fit in ? Is that supposed to replace the stock washer at the top of the fork spring.

If someone is doing it soon, post some pics will really be useful.

Woke up this morning, and I'm USD160/- poorer ?

I'd love a set but my spending has come to a screeching halt after rims, tires and other assorted DR stuff. I'll just have to pay full price later if they are as good as the initial reports indicate.

bummer. i just checked and they are still 50% off but that is ending sometime today.

if interested go to:

http://store.ricorshocks.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=043%2D20%2D1001

-do not click update price button

-select oil option if needed, you'll need 2 qts and they're selling quality amsoil

-click add to cart

-type 'advrider' in the discount box and apply for 50% of the intiminator part.

Thanks for the heads up. I don't mess around on the ADV site much. I went ahead and ordered them. 50% off is hard to resist. I have a question though. I read somewhere before that when you put these in you do not need stiffer springs because of the added preload they create. I already put in stiffer springs. Is this going to be a problem? Is there any way to compensate? I don't think I want it to ride much stiffer than it is... Thanks

Thanks for the heads up. I don't mess around on the ADV site much. I went ahead and ordered them. 50% off is hard to resist. I have a question though. I read somewhere before that when you put these in you do not need stiffer springs because of the added preload they create. I already put in stiffer springs. Is this going to be a problem? Is there any way to compensate? I don't think I want it to ride much stiffer than it is... Thanks

As far as I know we need to use the stock springs. I'm glad I saved them. I have Eibachs in my forks now and they are a huge improvement on the dangerous brake dive that came with the stock set up. I guessing that I will have to experiment with oil weights and preload to get where I want to be but I'm sure these new gadgets are going to be a positive addition. I'm buried in work at the moment so it's on the back burner for now.

Reviews will come pouring in soon which be helpful.

Why would you have to use the stock springs, as opposed to aftermarket ones? If it really is true, then what weight of rider and gear would this set-up be ideal for?

There should be no reason to stick with stock springs if the comp is adjustable. Spring rates and damping should be matched for ideal performance. If they aren't adjustable, I don't know why everyone is getting all worked up over them.

So does anyone know how these things control rebound damping?

I checked out the Ricor website. These fork valves are supposed to have the versatility of being stiff for chassis input and soft for wheel input. It sounds neat. But if you get that up front, what about your rear shock? They don't sell rear shocks, and I'm wondering about the benefits of stiff/soft versatility if the rear shock can't offer the same thing.

I checked out the Ricor website. These fork valves are supposed to have the versatility of being stiff for chassis input and soft for wheel input. It sounds neat. But if you get that up front, what about your rear shock? They don't sell rear shocks, and I'm wondering about the benefits of stiff/soft versatility if the rear shock can't offer the same thing.

call up Cogent!