Wait til yahl see this project! Pic added more 2 come!

I dont have the funds to buy a new bike so i am going to start building this weekend i am going to build me a new bike by buying everything off ebay lol my plan is to be done with it by begining of next year lots of pics to come..i mainly just doing this for a project. i already have a bike i race so just looking for some fun time:thumbsup: And if any body has any parts laying around PM me:thumbsup: (treat me right):D

This will be projected prices-with my cost and chipping separated by ( / )

*As yahl noticed i deleted some thing off my list parts that will come off my race bike now...

1. Frame- 300.00 // got it for 188.00 shipped to my door (2006)(yay)

2. Subframe-100.00 //got for 91.00 shipped

3. Swingarm- 75.00 // Got 1 for 50.00 +15.00 S&H

4. Complet Bolt and mount kit-59.99 / 42.99 free shipping ?

5. Airbox- got it for 30.77 shipped to my door :usa:

6. Rear Caliper-Got 1 For 25.00 free shipping

7. Radiators-

8. Rear Shock-

9. Linkage-50.00// got for 36.99?

10.Gas Tank-100.00// got for 66.00 shipped to my door?

11.Plastics-

12.Graphics-

13.Oil Reservoir-

14.Seat-

Grand Total so Far: 545.75

heres part of it lol the swing arm and linkage are at my friends and the frame and gas tank come tommorow i get to start building hahaha airbox is on the way more pics tommorow night

100_1841.jpg

• Like 1

This should be interesting...What bike are you thinking...2 stroke? 4 stroke? Brand?

i am going to build a 2008 yz250f !not the 06 or 07 cause of the frame changes...but i have already got some parts lined up...to ship this wednsday to me:banana: im kinda of excited it gives me something to look forward to instead of a payment.plus i love working on them...

07 and 08 have the same frame, part number 5XC-21101-G1-00. This project doesn't seem economical to me. You will more than likely end up costing more than a whole bike, seeing that you can buy an 07's for $3700 or less. By buying the parts individually you will end up paying $2000 just in shipping charges, let alone the price of the parts. Then consider the time spent shopping for parts and assembling them. I'm interested to see what the whole project costs you.

07 and 08 have the same frame, part number 5XC-21101-G1-00. This project doesn't seem economical to me. You will more than likely end up costing more than a whole bike, seeing that you can buy an 07's for $3700 or less. By buying the parts individually you will end up paying $2000 just in shipping charges, let alone the price of the parts. Then consider the time spent shopping for parts and assembling them. I'm interested to see what the whole project costs you.

im going to post everything i buy including shipping charges to this thread for everybody to see..theres one guy out in las vegas that im dealing right so far all shipping is free ? my main dilemma on shipping is going to be frame ,motor and front forks the most expensive is going to be frame and motor i talke to a guy in boston had a 08 frame he told me 300.00 shipped to my door ...i thought that was pretty fair...

im going to post everything i buy including shipping charges to this thread for everybody to see..theres one guy out in las vegas that im dealing right so far all shipping is free ? my main dilemma on shipping is going to be frame ,motor and front forks the most expensive is going to be frame and motor i talke to a guy in boston had a 08 frame he told me 300.00 shipped to my door ...i thought that was pretty fair...

Here's my estimate, you already have $792 in it for what you listed so far. Wheels will be at least $300, an engine will be around $1300, a shock will be around $200, forks will be around $300, radiators will be around $250, a seat will be around $100, all the plastic will be around $100, brakes will be about $200, sprockets, brake disks, and chain will be around $250, a gas tank will be about $100, stock exhaust will be about $100, handlebars, throttle, levers, cables, shifter, and brake pedal will be about $200. That totals up to $4192 if you can get those prices for everything, and I'm sure there are parts I've missed.

• Like 1

Here's my estimate, you already have $792 in it for what you listed so far. Wheels will be at least $300, an engine will be around $1300, a shock will be around $200, forks will be around $300, radiators will be around $250, a seat will be around $100, all the plastic will be around $100, brakes will be about $200, sprockets, brake disks, and chain will be around $250, a gas tank will be about $100, stock exhaust will be about $100, handlebars, throttle, levers, cables, shifter, and brake pedal will be about $200. That totals up to $4192 if you can get around those prices for everything, and I'm sure there are parts I've missed.

but im also going to rob parts off my bike when its gets tired out from racing so i have a fresh bike and i know the wheel will fit . so minus off 300.00 and i can use my shock which has already been built by (RGS) renegade suspension so minus another 200.00 already an extra set of pro taper contour bars reed/henry bend.. But Correct me if im wrong ...cause i am going to need your help and knowledge kj...

Better off just buying a new one.

well im not this project is for me...thanx for the help bro:thumbsup: not everybody has 4,000 laying around.BTW way to get another yet unuseful negative post...i got a bike right now like i said i wanted a project not a PAYMENT !! so if you dont wanna help dont post .... all i can say when i ride this bike there will be alot of pride in it being that i build it and that is why i do these kind of thing im 22 and dont have a lot of money to spare.

but im also going to rob parts off my bike when its gets tired out from racing so i have a fresh bike and i know the wheel will fit . so minus off 300.00 and i can use my shock which has already been built by (RGS) renegade suspension so minus another 200.00 already an extra set of pro taper contour bars reed/henry bend.. But Correct me if im wrong ...cause i am going to need your help and knowledge kj...

The rear shock was extended 1.5mm for 07, but you should still be able to get the old shock to work. The thing is, an 07 shock is better than an 02 shock, even one that has been revalved. The linkage has been changed, so your valving and spring rate in the 02 shock is likely wrong, so to make it handle ok you will need to have it revalved and resprung. The wheels will fit.

However, you could probably flat out sell your 02 for $1500, or part it out for $2000 (though this is a longer process). If you just bought an 07 for $3700 then you upgraded for $1700-$2200. If you spend $4000 building a bike from parts, and then part out the rest of your bike (minus $500 for the shock and wheels) then you upgraded for $2500 and a lot of time (that could have been spent making money), and you still will have an old shock.

I'm not trying to discourage you, if you want the project that is great. I just don't want you to go in thinking you are going to save a lot of money.

• Like 1

The rear shock was extended 1.5mm for 07, but you should still be able to get the old shock to work. The thing is, an 07 shock is better than an 02 shock, even one that has been revalved. The linkage has been changed, so your valving and spring rate in the 02 shock is likely wrong, so to make it handle ok you will need to have it revalved and resprung. The wheels will fit.

However, you could probably flat out sell your 02 for $1500, or part it out for $2000 (though this is a longer process). If you just bought an 07 for $3700 then you upgraded for $1700-$2200. If you spend $4000 building a bike from parts, and then part out the rest of your bike (minus $500 for the shock and wheels) then you upgraded for $2500 and a lot of time (that could have been spent making money), and you still will have an old shock.

I'm not trying to discourage you, if you want the project that is great. I just don't want you to go in thinking you are going to save a lot of money.

I totally see where your coming from you make more since than anyone on here.always helpfull to others and i really just want a project plus i like the work just as i like riding i am planning on this project taking close to a year to complete maybe longer but it will keep me busy and my mind wont be worrying about partying like i used to lol

It's a good idea for a project no doubt. You can build the bike exactly how you want it the first time around such as aftermarket triple clamps, step seat, etc. It will cost you more in the end, but if you were to take out a loan to by the same bike you would end up paying interest and not have the enjoyment of building the bike up from scratch. I would say buy a motor, then completely modify the motor, then buy suspension and get it completely set up for you, then wheels etc, it will cost a lot, but in the end you will have a full package thats better than a stock bike, that YOU built.

I think its a great idea. I also think that if you were wanting to make a highly modified bike, it would probably be cheaper than buying a bike then putting all the parts on it. take for example if you want to mod up an engine. you could find an engine online that someone blew the top end on or something and pick it up for pretty cheap, then you could spend that money you save to get a big bore and valves, cams, stuff like that, rather than spending the same about of money on just a stock running engine. if you take your time and search for deals, I think you could do it for quite abit less, especially if you have a year to look for deals. I may look into doing that too. I think it would be a blast to do. just my .02

what I was trying to say too, is that if you buy a stock bike and then buy all the aftermarket parts, you end up paying for two of everything, whereas if you just buy the aftermarket part to begin with, especially if you can find it used, you can probably save a lot in the end

what I was trying to say too, is that if you buy a stock bike and then buy all the aftermarket parts, you end up paying for two of everything, whereas if you just buy the aftermarket part to begin with, especially if you can find it used, you can probably save a lot in the end

However parts cost more individually than as a whole bike. You could buy a whole bike, then sell all of the stock parts that you are going to replace with aftermarket ones to make up about half of the price of the aftermarket parts. Or if you weren't short on cash you can keep the stock parts as spares, then when you sell the bike you can put it back to stock and sell the aftermarket stuff on ebay. Aftermarket parts don't really raise the overall value of a bike, so you are better off putting it back to stock to sell, and selling aftermarket parts separately.

thanx for the support and everything from every one there will be lots of pictures and price at what i bought them at i just ordered the swingarm and rear brake caliper and all axles,motor mounts,radiator hoses,swingarm bolt got all for 75.00 +14.00 for shipping and now i need to get intouch with the guy with my frame.,?

then make a little more money :usa:

im considering this as well. your motor should work, u would have to press out the swing arm bushing and put in the newer one. and id put in a piston cams at least. your cdi and everything would work. why dont you just mod urs? if the suspensionis revalved keep it. or get a set of '05 tripple clamps and put in 05 or newer forks. but if ur set on the newer bike. like im thinking. rebuild/hop up ur motor and put in wet sump kit so u dont have to deal with oil lines.