Sign in to follow this  

KX250F Ti or Steel valves?

Hi everyone!!! I have just bought a new head for my Kx250F 2004 and I wondering what is the best to do. To put Ti OEM valves or a set of S/S valves (including spring etc).

+4 TI:thumbsup: there lighter = less likely to float a valve = no boom at 13k rev's:banana:

If it was a Honda 250F and on a budget like I am,I might think different.:thumbsup:

woe woe wait...u have a honda? i havent been around for awhile. what made u want to do that? and have u blow it up alrdy....im confused sorry:bonk:

Had the Honda before the KXF's.The 06 X has been a good bike(200+ hrs) and only one valve job(tightened up) & piston.The RHC head & valves have out lasted the stock head.:thumbsup:

ic...i hear that though money is tight these days...and not looking any better

If You are not top rider you have to choose oem exaust + ss intake valves. Oem intake are not the better way. They are wearing wery fast. That is my opinion with rmz250 (2004).

???????? I am comfused!!! My bike is a KX250F 2004 and the head that I bought also 2004.... If I choose Ti do you thing is better to go OEM ex and aftermarket Intake???? Also, what about bucket????

Just go with Ti intake and Ti exhaust, both OEM. They work great and valve life is not an issue. If you want a professional opinion PM williamsmotowerx, or read his "sticky" on ti vs stainless valves under the reviews section. As for the buckets, how do they look? Are they showing any wear?

If You are not top rider you have to choose oem exaust + ss intake valves. Oem intake are not the better way. They are wearing wery fast. That is my opinion with rmz250 (2004).

disregard that...that was confusing. TI is what u want in both Intake and Exhaust. try to not mix and match bands on motor parts reliability can go out the window...as a buddy of mine found out:banghead: .

++ TI

Just go with Ti intake and Ti exhaust, both OEM. They work great and valve life is not an issue. If you want a professional opinion PM williamsmotowerx, or read his "sticky" on ti vs stainless valves under the reviews section. As for the buckets, how do they look? Are they showing any wear?

Buckets are in very good condition but I think somewhere i read that they have problems , I am not sure.

Buckets are in very good condition but I think somewhere i read that they have problems , I am not sure.

I can guarantee you if I had the valves out of an 04' or 05', I would put in new buckets every time.

Use OEM. They develop the cams with those valves. If you watch valve events on a spintron, you will see that valve float is designed in the cam. This is a function of the valve mass. If you use different mass, your lifts and durations go out of wack and reliability goes out the window. My $0.02

Oh, and use stock springs too as the spring rate is also a factor.