Best Cheapest Clutch

Im looking to get a clutch kit and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions. I dont need it to hold more power just be durable and consistent. EBC's are pretty cheap any good? Also Rocky mountain makes a clutch kit thats super cheap with springs and I am considering that but let me know what you guys think.

Thanks, Matt.

Go with OEM

I wouldn't use either one of them. Very few aftermarket clutches work as well as Yamaha OEM does. Use them, or step up to GYT-R or Hinson. Use OEM springs.

“The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten” - Benjamin Franklin

I just bought a clutch kit a week ago and put them in. They were OEM and the reason I went back to OEM was becauses I had 80.1 hours on my old clutch/friction plates.

Iam going to put new springs in little more often though.

GYTR kit it is then it seems like the best deal for sure. I found it online for 92 plus 11 shipping that seem like a good deal? Springs and all the plates.

Be certain that the kit you buy is specific to your year and model. Different years stack up at differing heights.

Definately go O.E.M Yamaha. You get what you pay for, cheap clutch = cheap clutch. I have 60 hrs on my stock 08 Clutch, still looks good.

The kit says 03-06 and it says specifically it comes with some extra componet for the 03 an arm of some sort if I remember right, dont have it up in front of me anymore.

Thanks a bunch

The arm is ONLY for the '03, too. That bike had a different cable layout (like that of a WR), and the arm improved the leverage. Wrong angle for any other year, though.

a buddy of mine put the tusk clutch in his bike and it works fine, i would say if you was racing or doing constant hill climbs or something like that you should buy the best you can afford, but for everyday trail riding you can use the tusk brand and not worry

a buddy of mine put the tusk clutch in his bike and it works fine, i would say if you was racing or doing constant hill climbs or something like that you should buy the best you can afford, but for everyday trail riding you can use the tusk brand and not worry

I am all for saving a buck but the OEM Yamaha clutches seem to be an exceptional value. I don't think the savings are enough to get me away from a proven product. How much of a savings are we talking?

I just got an EBC and it is the exact same item as the Tusk......... I was looking for a better clutch setup. But, after seeing what was delivered I realized I should have gotten the GYTR heavy duty setup. Less money and better quality I'm sure. I will let you all know how long this EBC lasts..... I just never learn OEM is the way to fly. I hope I am pleasently surprised. (but I'm a realist)

My brother bought the tusk for his 06 YZ250F, and it wore out very fast. His stock clutch lasted a year and a half, the tusk only lasted half a summer. And he is not one to abuse a clutch either.

Hey guys part number GYT-5TA56-30-00 is the gytr clutch kit anyone know if this kit comes with springs?

My first thought was "least expensive" ILO "cheapest", so I would have to second Gray's last quote; he's a smart guy (Ben Franklin, that is...) :thumbsup:

Gray, what are your thoughts on Barnett?

I haven't used them for a very long time, but when I used to, I had variable luck with them. So, I don't anymore.

My brother bought the tusk for his 06 YZ250F, and it wore out very fast. His stock clutch lasted a year and a half, the tusk only lasted half a summer. And he is not one to abuse a clutch either.

For every bad story there is a good one.... I use nothing but Tusks in both our bikes, both bikes have big bore kits with Rekluse Pro's.... never had a failure or issue.

Hey guys part number GYT-5TA56-30-00 is the gytr clutch kit anyone know if this kit comes with springs?

I just ordered this exact kit of Ebay and it does not come with springs. :thumbsup:

Hey thanks a bunch ill have to get a set of springs then. OEM it is I already know that answer if I ask what brand should I use haha.