Impeller Shaft Help!

Hey guys. can anyone help?

i got problems with my water pump.in my wr450 2004. Have coolant in the oil. i have already replaced the o rings and seals and bearings in the pump. did not replace the impeller shaft though. thought the problem would be fixed. but no. have ordered new impeller shaft which is on its way. i was just looking at the counter balancer shaft where the impeller shaft goes in. it looks like its flogged out?? i take it that is ment to be sqaure to fit the impeller shaft in?

is it a big job replacing the balancer shaft? im hoping this is the problem to my predicament???

if anyone can help be appreciated

cheers

IF you have checked the gasket, which should be replaced when you replaced the impeller shaft and other o-rings, definitely start looking more towards you head and base gaskets. The gasket material around the water jackets of the cylinder walls and casing can leak to the inside. If the bike has been ran with oil in the coolant or poor coolant circulation, air can get in the cooling system. And in turn what happens is the air comes under pressure. The result of that air under pressure with the coolant causes little air bubbles the burst in the water jackets and all around the system, wearing away and material that is weak.

Hey guys. can anyone help?

i got problems with my water pump.in my wr450 2004. Have coolant in the oil. i have already replaced the o rings and seals and bearings in the pump. did not replace the impeller shaft though. thought the problem would be fixed. but no. have ordered new impeller shaft which is on its way. i was just looking at the counter balancer shaft where the impeller shaft goes in. it looks like its flogged out?? i take it that is ment to be sqaure to fit the impeller shaft in?

is it a big job replacing the balancer shaft? im hoping this is the problem to my predicament???

if anyone can help be appreciated

cheers

Why did you replace the seals in the pump? Was coolant or oil leaking from the drain hole in the bottom of the water pump cover? Or was it because you saw coolant in the oil?

In order for the water pump shaft/seals to be the cause of coolant in your oil, the drain hole would most likely have to be plugged up, allowing enough coolant and pressure to build up in the crossover area, and then the coolant would have to leak past the oil seal/impeller shaft and into the engine. If the drain hole is not plugged, I would say that the impeller shaft is not the source of the problem.

That being said, if the shaft looks chewed up, it should be replaced anyway.