Sign in to follow this  

Looking for a Coach for my 9yr old daughter in TX

My daughter has moved up to a KTM65sx and is trophying in every race (7-9yrs) but she needs work, this is her first bike with a clutch and she only uses it to start & stop. Last couple times out she is pushing it a little hard and the results have been dangerous. I'm not the coach she needs..lol. We are in Farmersville TX & I am trying to find someone local to work with her before she gets hurt. She loves riding / racing and I just want her to be the best she can. Shes only been riding about a year so hopefully her habits wont be hard to break.

Thanks!!!

Rob

If you are willing to drive to Shreveport, LA you could take her to Chris Permenter for private lessons. He's fast and has raced with the big boys. I have his number if you want it. Trampas Parker is good, too.

If you have the means though, take her to one of Gary's classes, or at least buy some of his videos for her. His DVDs have worked wonders with my son. Regardless, expose her to some outside teaching, because kids sure as heck aren't going to listen to their parents. I know mine don't. :thumbsup:

Thank you for the replys!! All good stuff.

Yes, I will take all the phone numbers I can get so I can talk to them & see who would be the best for her. If ya preffer you can email them to Bumper.dragger@gmail.com rather than posting. I do plan on getting some vids for her too.

Thanks again!! :thumbsup:

http://www.shannonnidaymx.com/index.shtml

go here...shannon is the best. nuff said

Just like seven10 said, take your daughter to Shannon. I am here in California and he came out and did a one day clinic with me and a few others. All I got was about 6 hours of instruction and that has gone a long way with me. His teachings and drills are incredible and they work! I have definately increased my speed by working his drills. Just take a look at the names he works with. He works with tons of pros and amatuers, I know that for a fact. If you have any other questions, PM me because he is totally worth it. Plus, if you ever have questions, he has no problem answering them by phone or email, very helpful and nice person. Hope this helps.

Larry Morton is really good! He used to teach with Semics, and runs schools all over Texas. I took my 8 year old to his school when he moved up to an RM65 and his riding really improved.

http://www.5mmxs.com/

Just like seven10 said, take your daughter to Shannon. I am here in California and he came out and did a one day clinic with me and a few others. All I got was about 6 hours of instruction and that has gone a long way with me. His teachings and drills are incredible and they work! I have definately increased my speed by working his drills. Just take a look at the names he works with. He works with tons of pros and amatuers, I know that for a fact. If you have any other questions, PM me because he is totally worth it. Plus, if you ever have questions, he has no problem answering them by phone or email, very helpful and nice person. Hope this helps.

just out of curiosity where did you work with shannon at? i am in cali too and usually when he comes down here i try to hit most of his schools

just out of curiosity where did you work with shannon at? i am in cali too and usually when he comes down here i try to hit most of his schools

I worked with Shannon at La Grange when he came down in October of this past year. I am from the Fresno area and I know some people who are students and great friends of his. Where are you from? He was actually in the area this past week and is now headed to World Mini. I wouldn't mind hitting that national if it wasn't so windy, dry and slick.

Not to chime in but my daughter is getting first bike she rides peddle bike well and is 4'3 and 58pds buying bike this week and want to skip the 50's I got my son due to her being already too tall and don't want a non cluch play bike cause don't want to be buying another bike next yr I've found a really nice crf 80 but its tall shell only be able to toe touch with one leg at time and a kx and rm both 65's that she can toe touch with both feet should I buy both 65 and 80 or get her a klx 110 and 65 or just 65 I don't want the bike to scare her but my son when from pw 50 to kx 65 with pipe and a ported head and once he started using the cluch and switching gears he was fine took about a week I'm lost help

My daughter went from a crf50 straight to a KTM65sx. I would personally say go for the 65 without any hesitation. Theres lots you can do to lower the bike so she can ride it safely but doesnt sound like you will have to do much. If she is anything like my daughter the boys better watch out. Get ready to have some fun with it all.