Honda Reflex TLR200

I just bought at 87 TLR. Great little bike, and more quiet than my kids' xr50 and xr70. I changed out the rear brake pads, tightened and greased the steering head, put new airfilter foam element on, and put a new bulb in for the highbeam indicator. I used a normal automotive dash bulb (164 or 168?) I found at Fred Meyers, and it worked perfectly.? 2200 miles on it, original tires. Great bike for plunking around, riding tight trails, and running to the local store on. Seems to cruise easily up to 45 mph, then you got to start shoveling coal after that. Had it up to 55 so far.

hey nocturnal,what do you think of the airscrew location?pain in the ass to get to!!!!!!!!!!the frame is right in the way

Yes but once I got it in there and jetted, the bike ran much better. It is a one kick affair when cold and it will idle all day without missing a beat. I installed a #40 pilot jet and a #105 main jet into the CRF100 carb and yanked the snorkel. ?

I have a custom made sprocket from back when I had one. It think it was like a 65 tooth rear. If I can find it I'll let one of you buy it - or trade me something. I figured I was the only guy who ever wanted one. For years it hung on my garage wall. Now it's tucked away somewhere. My TL only went about 30mph after putting it on - truly trials gearing but looked a little funny.

Sorry for the double post but has anyone found easily swappable forks from one of the little XRs/CRFs that would work on the TLR200 allowing the use of a front disk brake?

Also, is there a PDF of the FSM out there in the ether? I figure someone has one sitting on a file sharing site.

Any recommendation on a handlebar bend? I want to get rid of the stockers.

Finally, can I literally purchase a XR100 carb and it's a direct improvement in the TLR200? Is that correct? Do I have to change the jetting?

Finally, can I literally purchase a XR100 carb and it's a direct improvement in the TLR200? Is that correct? Do I have to change the jetting?

Yes, the XR/CRF 100 carb is a huge improvement over the stock carb. It bolts right on. See my post above for jetting details. :worthy:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Hey what's a typical deminsion for a set of Trials bars?

Can anyone give me:

width:

rise:

sweep:

I'm finally getting around to giving my 1986 TLR some attention. I want to order shocks and a gas tank kit. I'll also watch for a XR100 carb.

However, I need to get a set of trials bars and would like to order them through my Tag deal.

Tag doesn't do a trials bar but I figure if I could get deminsions I could find something close.

Can someone give me basic trials bar deminsions? Sweep, Rise, Width

Also, is there a billit top clamp out there for the TLR that eliminates all the mounting for the street legal stuff?