Rubber Mounted Rear Sprockets ?

Does anyone know of anything apart from a cush drive set-up.I have a DRZ 400E which came with a set of Motard wheels as well as enduro rims.The motard wheels are Talon hubs with Morad rims but it just seems to rip through chains and sprockets,thought there might be something out there that takes some of the load off the chain and sprockets apart fom a cush drive hub(Talon doesn't make one for the DRZ)

Thanks in advance. :confused:?

umm you shouldn't be going through chains and sprockets so fast check your tension. but yea a cush drive can be done. i removed it from my cbr wheels b/c i needed the extra 1/8" for clearance and you dont really need a cush drive for these light weight dirtbike , though many older small xr's had them, its all preference, some prefer it other dont'. i would like to build a set of wheels that have it just to try it out. i mean it can't hurt anything right:thumbsup:

but pretty much it's a piece that goes into the hub, which has rubber peice behind it inside the wheel, and the sprocket mounts to the "insert". this cush drive will rest on those rubbers, thus being a cushion for your sprocket.

and now that i just finished typing this long ass post, i think you were asking if there was something BESIDES a cush drive or an equivalent, in that case i don't know sorry:banghead:

Slipper clutch offers some benefit. My GasGas Supermoto has a slipper and my DRZ sm has a Cush. The cush makes the bike super smooth for general use. The slipper helps with high speed downshifts. It keeps the bike from jerking around when downshifting and takes some strain off the chain and tranny.

Tony

I was looking at grafting a DR 350 hub as they have a cush drive,onto my 4.25 Morad rim,but it looks like too much of a mind f*#k.The reason being is one side of the DR 350 hub has shorter spokes so i would have to get another set of spokes made,the angle looks wrong and where they mount is actually 20mm narrower that the Talon hub i have so i think it might not offer enough support.Good in theory and i know i have seen someone use this hub before but can't remember where.??