Sign in to follow this  

lets see the trucks that pull these bikes

My dad has one just like it in red. '96, dually, crew cab, everything... Yours is a little nicer though lol... Ours has 315k miles on it.

I am only at 96K :thumbsup:

here's my 1996 F350 Powerstroke. Its pretty dirty in this picture. I'm gonna get some good ones of it this weekend polished up and hooked to my 14ft V nose. This truck won 2nd place at the local car show for a stock vehicle.

0307120833.jpg

I am soooo stealing your wheels.

Have you priced what alcoa's go for? YIKES

I am soooo stealing your wheels.

Have you priced what alcoa's go for? YIKES

Do you have stock alcoas or steel? I have some corrosion around the lug nuts that I think I'm going to have milled off instead of new wheels. I can't justify the price of new ones!

Do you have stock alcoas or steel? I have some corrosion around the lug nuts that I think I'm going to have milled off instead of new wheels. I can't justify the price of new ones!

Steel, with Pacific Dually's simulators. They look nice, but I still want aluminum. Best price I could find for a package (wheels, lugs and center caps) was just over a grand shipped. And that was leaving the rear inside wheel steel.

I did put Centramatic's on the ole dually-wow, even with freshly balanced tires, it made a noticeable difference.

I had to look up what those were. I'm curious, did it ride rough or vibrate a lot before? Mine isn't too bad except at high speed and I attribute that to having to run such high rpm's to go highway speed (stupid 4.10's!)

I had to look up what those were. I'm curious, did it ride rough or vibrate a lot before? Mine isn't too bad except at high speed and I attribute that to having to run such high rpm's to go highway speed (stupid 4.10's!)

The ride was rough, but no matter how well a tire is balanced initially, it will become out of balance as it wears. I just hate wasting money rebalancing tires 3-4 times over their life (I'm fussy about a smooth ride).

I wish I had 4.10's, I got 4.56's. That truck will pull anything but good fuel economy.

The ride was rough, but no matter how well a tire is balanced initially, it will become out of balance as it wears. I just hate wasting money rebalancing tires 3-4 times over their life (I'm fussy about a smooth ride).

I wish I had 4.10's, I got 4.56's. That truck will pull anything but good fuel economy.

I'm thinking of swapping in some 3.73's since I don't pull anything too big too often. Just not sure if I want to pay over 1 grand for a swap

I'm thinking of swapping in some 3.73's since I don't pull anything too big too often. Just not sure if I want to pay over 1 grand for a swap

I see dually rear ends on CL quite frequently for a couple hundred-not sure about the gear ratio, I bet 4.10's are the most common though.

Of course, by the time you're all done (seals, fluid, probably needs brakes, etc) you may well wind up with the same amount into it.

For me, I don't drive my dually unless I need to haul something (maybe 5k per year tops).

I downsized from my Titan

photo38.jpg

16MPG towing, 24 not towing and 100% more comfortable and better riding and more luxurious than the Titan, faster, handles better and brakes better too (and since I bought used...cheaper)

• Like 1

Here's my 02 powerstroke. The desert picture is Presidents day at glamis last year.

DSC_0046.jpg

If you look closely you'll see that there's 3 bikes back there. My wife's 02 CR80 is in the middle.

IMG00090-20100821-1400.jpg

Edited by 06gixxer1k

See if I can get these pictures to work.

IMAG0088-1.jpg

picked this up 3-6-12. Really like it so far. 2012 XLT Offroad package.