Sign in to follow this  

rmz 450 09 oil

looking for suggestion

i am running just the stock suzuki 10 40 oil for the first five hours the was going to switch to motul semi synthetic ... five hours is good before switch?

yes ill change it a few times before with the reg oil

also how often is everyone cleaning the oil strainers the one inside the magneto cover is kind of a pain,the other is ok?

i had an 06 before in the 09 manual it says your supposed to kick it 10 times with the drain plug out when doing a change is this jusyt to make sure you get all the oil out

cheers rob

Maxima 530 MX. It's what's in Chad Reeds bike and mine. It's 17.50 a quart, but you'll notice the diff. I just did an oil change at about 10 hours and the oil still looked new. I have a Honda, so the clutch material isn't in the engine oil, but it was still surprisingly clean. And the bike seriously runs better with this stuff. I also run a 50/50 mix of 110 VP and 91 Chevron in the fuel tank. It's very important to run good fuel to get the max life out of your bike's top end.

I will get about the same number of hours on my new engine with the Suzuki 10-40 oil during an extended, and possibly excessive, break-in period. I bought a gallon of it and will use it all before making the switch over to Castrol R-4. I used the R4 on my '06 and swear by the stuff. I will use R4 in all my future 4-strokes.