Jetting issues need help!!!

Any help please!!!! :p:lol:

I have been reading through the jetting threads, trying to figure out what might be wrong with my jetting. At this point I am getting somewhat confused though. I have not riden in about 18 months nor have I done anything to the bike, due to bad back. Today I took the carb off did a thorough cleaning. While carb was off I finally put my Quickshot2 on. Put carb back together installed on bike.

Bike started on first kick WOW was I surprised. Let it warm up a bit pushed choke in and the bike was idling like crazey, so i played with the fuel screw turned it all the way in and the idle didn't change much. Turned the fuel screw out to 3 turns and still no change. Is this due to the quickshot I just put on? So I am a bit stumped. I am not sure if I should start with the pilot or the needle clip & position. Here are my current setting with all mods done to bike with FMF powercore exhaust. The bike had been running great 18 months ago.

Tell me if i'm doing this wrong. I have the idle turned down just enough for bike to run. Than I start adjusting fuel screw and shouldn't the idle start to raise? If so, it's not and i'm not sure if that has to do with which jet. While riding the bike after it warms up it runs pretty good but it has a slight popping on deceleration and popping when you blip the throttle in nuetral. Please any help would be appreciated.

Year:2002

Model (400 - 426 - 450):426

Cam Timing (WR/YZ):WR

Main jet:170

Pilot Jet: 45

PAJ:Stock

Leak Jet:N/A

Starter Jet:Stock

Fuel screw (turns out):1.75

Needle Model/Clip position:JD red/5th For Summer 120 degree heat. Winter see below.

Grey Wire Mod (Y/N):Y

TPS Connected (Y/N):Y

Airbox Snorkel/Lid (on or off): Snorkel Out, Lid Modified

AIS Removed (Y/N):N?A

Airfilter Brand:Twin Air

Exhaust Brand:Stock header muffler FMF PowerCore4

Average Altitude:sea level to 2000'

Average Temperature:45-125 degrees F

Average Humidity: 5-100 Percent

Degree of Satisfaction (0-10):So far 10/10.

Additional Mods/Comments:Thick o-ring mod from the JD kit.

What type of fuel screw? Many/most of the alloy ones are poorly machined and often require a much smaller (like a #38) pilot jet. The Kientech and all of the brass ones I have seen do not have this problem.

Sorry to say, the Quickshot really will do next to nothing. It's pretty much a marketing gizmo.

What type of fuel screw? Many/most of the alloy ones are poorly machined and often require a much smaller (like a #38) pilot jet. The Kientech and all of the brass ones I have seen do not have this problem.

Sorry to say, the Quickshot really will do next to nothing. It's pretty much a marketing gizmo.

Thanx William. Just finished taking carb off again and rechecking all the jets everything looked good. So I determined that it was that piece of crap qickshot creating my problems, so I took it off and put the OEM AP cover back on. And low and behold most of the problem fixed. The only thing left is the slight backfire on deceleration. Other than that the damn beast is back. :p:lol: