my 98 cr250 fitted with 07 plastics

Someone needs to do a write up of how to convert the 97-99 bodywork to the 02+ plastic.

Parts I purchased:

02+ boot

02+ airbox

5x12 self tapping screws for boot to airbox

02+ gasket for boot

02+ ready air filter

02+ cage

02+ air filter bolt

02+ ufo oem plastic kit

00-03 front number plate

07 cr250 oem graphics

plumbers tape for brackets

Airbox needed to be cut or heated, I chose to cut it with a little hacksaw

Im 16 years old and I dont have a job so this project really hurt my bank account... the total was probably around $400?? maybe less.. so here is some advice.. If you are going to do this project buy everything at once because I bought everything at different times and i probably spent 60 alone for shipping if not more.. anymore questions just ask

Why is the rear fender at such an upward angle ? No offense but I like the before pic better . But that may be because I think the CRs looked their best from 97 to 99 . Just my opinion though .

Why is the rear fender at such an upward angle ? No offense but I like the before pic better . But that may be because I think the CRs looked their best from 97 to 99 . Just my opinion though .

That's just the way the rear fenders are on 02+ bikes. I HATE the 97-99 look

no yours is weird mine isnt in the air that much

what exactly did you cut on the airbox? will an 07 airbox make due? can i put the 98 boot onto the 07 airbox?

You should do a write up with pictures (if you got any) and explain it in more detail. There have been so many threads where people ask the same question over and over again. So if I were you then I would do a detailed write up and earn some gas. That's just my 2 cents.

well the hardest part is the airbox.. another person who did this heated the airbox to make it fit but I chose to cut it. you have to cut/heat the 02+ airbox so the subframe can slide into place... once that is done the rest is easier. front fender, and 03 front number plate bolt right onto the bike. the shrouds are pretty easy too. rear fender also bolts right up with the 99 subframe..

well the hardest part is the airbox.. another person who did this heated the airbox to make it fit but I chose to cut it. you have to cut/heat the 02+ airbox so the subframe can slide into place... once that is done the rest is easier. front fender, and 03 front number plate bolt right onto the bike. the shrouds are pretty easy too. rear fender also bolts right up with the 99 subframe..

what part of the box has to be heated?

do you really need the 02 boot? i thought i read somewhere that i could use my 98 boot with the 02 box? what are the self tapping screws for? if i could get some details on this i will make a write up on it with pics for the 98's.

You didnt cut the airbox to fit around the rear shock did you i hope not you can hurt your motor doing that and the 98 boot wont work the 02+

You didnt cut the airbox to fit around the rear shock did you i hope not you can hurt your motor doing that and the 98 boot wont work the 02+

no I didnt cut it around the rear shock. I cut it for the top of the subframe to fit.

I think someone else who did this took out the rivets from the bottom of the airbox to make it fit, then heated the part next to the rear shock. You'll have to ask him, though.

ya thats how i did it no need to cut the airbox

Heres the right side rivet is removed the subframe hold it tight without it h004.jpg

Heres the left side need to move hole up then rebolted it h003.jpg

so i dont need to cut or use any heat gun? i just take out those rivets? is that going ot allow dirt inside?

no dirt gets inside you yes you need to heat it i have heated and reshaped this airbox

what part do i need to reshape?

can you give me a step by step?

it's really a trial and error thing

ditto trail and error no one can really do an write up no bike is the same