KX100 crankshaft

does anyone know for sure if a 2006 crankshaft will fit a 96,the bearings and seals are same,but i dont know what differances there is in crankshafts

looking on hotrods site,95-2005 uses same hotrods crank,2006-2009 uses a differant part # so I believe I answered my question..

06 new motor design with some changes

The cranks are different. The older cranks have a circlip on the end of the crank on the clutch side. The newer cranks have a nut and washer on the clutch side. There is a difference on the timing for the different years. In other words if you try to use the wrong crank it will not run because the timing is different. I know this because a dealership sent me the wrong crank and said the only difference was the circlip and nut. But I found out the differences and had to break motor down again and fix with correct crank and everything was fine then. Good Luck

The cranks are different. The older cranks have a circlip on the end of the crank on the clutch side. The newer cranks have a nut and washer on the clutch side. There is a difference on the timing for the different years. In other words if you try to use the wrong crank it will not run because the timing is different. I know this because a dealership sent me the wrong crank and said the only difference was the circlip and nut. But I found out the differences and had to break motor down again and fix with correct crank and everything was fine then. Good Luck

Interesting Hot rods and wiseco both show same crank part # up to 2005,Ron Ayers shows a part # change every few years:confused: :p

Does anyone have any expeareance with the Wiseco crankshaft kit?the price is pretty decent $150 for crank,rod,seals,bearings,and gasket kit.

Anyone have expeareance with hot rods,stroker crank?It would cost more but hey I'm going to be replacing anyway,does it give much more lowend?how does the stroker hold up?

Thanks

Just like any motor, push more power, abuse more parts. But the power isn't that much of a gain that you're gonna destroy internals. But it makes a big difference.

Hotrods is the only one to make the stroker. you utilize the same topend and do not have to machine the cases. They add 1mm to the stroke and 1mm to the rod length = 2mm. But you do have to have your heads combustion chamber machine to clear the piston. Any experienced machinist can do it. I had mine cut just short of the stock chamber size to bump up the compression ratio a little bit. My son loves it and it flat rockets out of the corners. There is NO low end lag. But top end suffers till we get the 112 kit finished.

Interesting Hot rods and wiseco both show same crank part # up to 2005,Ron Ayers shows a part # change every few years:confused: :p

Does anyone have any expeareance with the Wiseco crankshaft kit?the price is pretty decent $150 for crank,rod,seals,bearings,and gasket kit.

Anyone have expeareance with hot rods,stroker crank?It would cost more but hey I'm going to be replacing anyway,does it give much more lowend?how does the stroker hold up?

Thanks

China = Crap!

http://www.wiseco.com/Recalls/CPSC09-142.aspx

Hot Rods are not made in China - Wiseco is made in China.

Are Wiseco pistons also made in China? Looks like Hotrods cranks for me from now on.

Are Wiseco pistons also made in China? Looks like Hotrods cranks for me from now on.

Their site states that pistons and clutch components are still U.S. made. It's just their crankshaft, flywheels and rods and whatever else that is not a piston or clutch part that is made in China ... for now anyway. It's too bad to see yet another U.S. manufacturer sell out! I think Wiseco shot themselves in the foot! I won't be buying their pistons anymore either!

Well to start off with I have use many hot rod cranks in customers bikes and we have had good luck with them. KX's have crank problems from the start anyways and the hot rod outlasts stockers.

Now as far as the stroker goes...just increasing stroke you can mod the head to make it clear but you also change port timing. You can add a cylinder base spacer to get more to a stock port timing that will work well. Cometic will make a custom spacer for you. many people don't use the spacer because its a dead give away of a stroker and you can hide the fact that it is a stroker by modifying internally. For sappers loss of topend I'd submit that with porting you can get the topend back because port timing has been changed. Lots more to stroking that dropping a longer stroke crank in. You will get more power but not optimum power.

Now as far as China=Crap goes...i'm thinking the quality of the TTR-50 from Yamaha is pretty darn good...That bike is made in China. I own PitVipermx some pit bikes. We tested a lot of different Chinese bikes and parts. You can get good quality from china. you have to spec good quality and pay for it.

Well to start off with I have use many hot rod cranks in customers bikes and we have had good luck with them. KX's have crank problems from the start anyways and the hot rod outlasts stockers.

Now as far as the stroker goes...just increasing stroke you can mod the head to make it clear but you also change port timing. You can add a cylinder base spacer to get more to a stock port timing that will work well. Cometic will make a custom spacer for you. many people don't use the spacer because its a dead give away of a stroker and you can hide the fact that it is a stroker by modifying internally. For sappers loss of topend I'd submit that with porting you can get the topend back because port timing has been changed. Lots more to stroking that dropping a longer stroke crank in. You will get more power but not optimum power.

Now as far as China=Crap goes...i'm thinking the quality of the TTR-50 from Yamaha is pretty darn good...That bike is made in China. I own PitVipermx some pit bikes. We tested a lot of different Chinese bikes and parts. You can get good quality from china. you have to spec good quality and pay for it.

This was a very helpfull post,have you used the wiseco crank kit for a KX?

I agree some china stuff is just fine.

I am realy leaning to the wiseco crank kit,She just got the bike and realy isnt used to the power yet,if she had rode the bike more before it lost the rod bearing and was used to power I would definatly go with stroker,the only reason I would right now is because I'm going to be replacing anyway,but realy probably not the best Idea for her right now..

I have used the wiseco in the kxs and I have found they last longer than stock. I would prefer wiseco over stock if it were my bike.

For your rider I would stick to the stock stroke. if you want to upsize the bike you could go big bore which will help down low. Or just send the cylinder off to Eric Gorr for the "mo better" porting. Explain that you have a not totally on the pipe rider and he will set the cylinder up for her. Then when she gets on the pipe hard he will change the porting for free...its part of the package. And his porting is not crazy expensive.

Jasle, Thanks for the info. I wish I would have known about the spacer prior to machining the head. But now I know so I don't have to do the 112's head, except for enlarging for the bore. If I get one, it will have to be a trial R&D and see what works best.

Really I can't complain about the topend. I can't really say it lost topend, it just flattens out but it definately has more than before. I did touch up the ports slightly but not like the work I did to the 112 cylinder. But truthfully, I think the real loss is in the compression now. I used the old piston/ring since there wasn't alot of time on it. But the compression is starting to drop in the 120, 130psi mark. Plus, the nikasil plating is about gone. For as hard as his bike gets ridden, it's done quite well.

As for port timing, I think it's better. The powerband comes in sooner, hits harder and allows for a broader pull to redline.

But I try to base the power on what we ride. Mx is about getting out of the turns and getting to the jumps. A high power topend helps but the bottom end is where it's needed. So I have to admit, he has gained alot being able to shoot out of turns and still having the power to wind out going into jumps and clearing with ease. It's kinda funny that he runs 2nd through 4th gear just like the modded 4 stroke 150r's and even pulls harder.