diesel to gas & CA smog

Thinking of getting a mid 80's blazer that has been converted to gas from diesel. I am just worried about good old california smog laws. Any one have any idea if this is a good idea to get away from the smog police?

I know plenty of people that have done it, it's a great way to get around the smog laws.

I know plenty of people that have done it, it's a great way to get around the smog laws.

How so? Diesel testing is scheduled to begin in the near future. Will this vehicle be exempt?

How so? Diesel testing is scheduled to begin in the near future. Will this vehicle be exempt?

X2 ....... better check with the smog ref.

I'd guess that it would have to pass the gas standards......

X2 ....... better check with the smog ref.

I'd guess that it would have to pass the gas standards......

I wonder how far back they would go. If they start to smog diesels

I was not aware that they are going to start testing old diesels. Where did you get this info?

I was not aware that they are going to start testing old diesels. Where did you get this info?

Looks like testing will start 2010 and include 1997 and newer trucks:banghead:

Looks like testing will start 2010 and include 1997 and newer trucks:banghead:

I had heard they may do something like that but I thought it was only going back to '04 and you are asking about a mid 80's Blazer so it shouldn't matter in your situation.

Hey PBDBLUE, do you have some info that they are going to start testing older diesels?

I had heard they may do something like that but I thought it was only going back to '04 and you are asking about a mid 80's Blazer so it shouldn't matter in your situation.

Hey PBDBLUE, do you have some info that they are going to start testing older diesels?

smogcheck.ca.gov/80_BARResources/05_Legislative/.../DieselWorkInf.html

I didn't know the specifics just that it was in the works. Same for motorcycles though that process has a bit further to go before implementation as I understand.