D100: couple moments sitting on a rock

Just some moments from sitting on a rock in the middle of the desert taking pictures.

3rd overall and all around nice fast guy, Jonah Street

509752296_trWGt-X2.jpg

He must not be used to photo guys because I distracted him long enough to bobble

509752471_YoQtn-X2.jpg

I bet he wishs his Aprilla fired right back up… :cry:

509753028_qrGE8-X2.jpg

First overall and never gave me a chance to take a bobble picture. All those guys were on fire!

509752091_zttpW-X2.jpg

This guy can make a DRZ400 haul the mail! He ran up front and was flogging that DRZ everytime I saw him. I believe he was Canadian.

509756508_4vT8o-X2.jpg

TT poster and all around good guy, Roscoe Rainey.

509820699_9bumh-X2.jpg

TT poster and winner of the worst luck at the D100 award, Brett aka Slackinhard

509738522_Pshhi-X2.jpg

This spot wasn’t super technical but it did slow down the riders and occasionally served up a digger:

Crashing WR guy

509823590_etdjy-X2.jpg

KTM kickout guy. This was impressive but (un)fortunately he saved it. :lol:

509831462_bdWAz-X2.jpg

KTM OTB guy (watch that hand…geesh!)

509829067_EZxR7-X2.jpg

Ty Roberts. Grew up riding with this guy and he was making this old bike rattle, errr ummm….sing!

509840562_ui7Qj-X2.jpg

New headlight/old XR guy, saved this high speed offcamber slide, very cool to watch.

509950886_nfsDm-X2.jpg

It was only a 50 or so foot stretch and I only to spectate for but a moment of each racers attempt at the D100. I appreciate the time they took to wave...but PLEASE ignore the fat guy in the safety cone orange jersey and watch where you are going. I was almost run over because one guy slowed to wave as another came up to him. Rider #2 jump high to go around Rider #1 and that put #2 on a direct path to the big guy in orange looking through a piece of glass. :lol: ...As #2 caught a glimps of me, he goes higher into a 2ft volcanic ledge I was sitting on... a quick rev, a loud thud, and there might have been some sparks later both riders were clear. Thankfully so were my shorts. :p

I was situated near the end of the lap and gave gas to two 2T on the way back to the finish. They were very thankful (and seemingly suprised) I would give them gas... They are just lucky I put my "trail whale" tank on...or I may have been a little stingy. :lol:

Just some moments from sitting on a rock in the middle of the desert taking pictures.

KTM OTB guy (watch that hand…geesh!)

509829067_EZxR7-X2.jpg

Wrong time to check the spokes:eek:

BTW nice pictures:thumbsup:

VERY nice action shots! i chuckle at the size of Bretts ( slackinhards) tool pouch...i would have taken two!

Joe

Jonah's radiators look a little hammered, they could be on one of those "life comes at you fast" commercials.

Jonah's radiators look a little hammered, they could be on one of those "life comes at you fast" commercials.

I noticed that to, no fins, braces, guards or anything :p

So what was there that was causing so many guys to lose it?

I like Prachnau's helmet!

You have to love all the old bikes that attend the 100, Always a good show..

Have you ever seen a Rhino sitting on a rock taking pictures in Odessa? That might make me lose it:busted:

I really don't know.

Near as I can figure it was a slight off camber with loose grapefruit sized rocks. They would let up slightly as they round the loose off camber uphill corner and then square up and gas it. At that same moment they are looking into the sun and see me, suddenly forgetting how to ride.... :p Some would drift off line and through the loose rocks already kicked off to the edges.

I was suprised how many crashes I witnessed on that small piece of trail. Not dissapointed...just suprised. :lol:

Here's the deal there, there was a slight uphill just before ya reached the offcamber LH turn. It unweighted your bike as ya crested the rise, then fell away offcamber. If ya were looking at Rhino, it was an easy place to bobble. Lots of loose rocks in that area too.

I keep 5 bikes worth of tools in that pack, some pain pills, and all the registrations :lol:

thanks for the pics Rhino, you're always a great person to hang with at these events :p

great photos! first time rider and will be back.

Great pics Kevin! :p I was surprised to see myself in this thread. Funny to see a score card holder, wrist watch, and computer sensor in my desert pic. Now thats a die hard enduro rider.

My first Dez 100 went very smooth, no wipe outs. I didn't really know what to expect so I was cautious and very intimidated by the mass start, I kept it safe. Will be a bit more aggressive off the start next year.

I had a great time, thanks Stumpies!

Roscoe

The guy on the KTM with the X on the front is my dad! Haha!

Great Pics, my teammate was KTM Kickout, but did anyone get shots of the guy that fell in the canal? He was pushing it downstream, with only the handle bars showing on Lap 2.

Nice photos Rhino!~!

Thanks Guys. I am more of the utility guy getting shots of most everyone I could. Trav has got a good eye and some skills.

Letmeride247, 1st one is Trav and the second one is mine. Glad we were able to get some shots of you.

Most of my pictures are as my camera took them. I may adjust some pics slightly if I think it could save a so-so one. I don't know photoshop enough to do anything good with it I do play with brightness and mid tones at times and seem to get by with some results. That KTM guy going over the bars was a mess so I tried my best to save it. :banghead:

I hoped to get pics of riders on their 1st loop. After the overall guys came through the final time I packed up and headed home. Most of the ladies and 15 & unders (and other 2nd wave racers) I mentally knew to look for had come through by then. That means I missed the 2nd half of the team efforts.

What really freaked me out is if I was going to stick to my plan of getting a shot of everyone...I couldn't move very far from my location during the race. There was never a break long enough. lol

I want a better lens as the kit lens I was using didn't let me get as close (physically) as I wanted for some shots. This is a hobby, but I really need a close up lens. I am just to cheap to stop and spend the coin. :banghead:

I am glad Trav was there to add some flair to the D100 pictures. :banghead: it was iffy up until he showed up....if work kept him away, you would have been stuck with me. :banghead: