Rearend Rebuild????

(long story short)

went to tighten my chain, stripped out jam nut for chain tensioner bolt....(on chain side)....... cannot remove its stripped,,, so to try and get a socket on it i removed the rear wheel .........

any suggestions on how to unjam the jam nut???? a 12 mm is too big and a 11mm wont fit????

and what kind of grease should i use when i re-assemble the axle......

any suggestions would be great thanks.......

(realized i need brake pads too what else should i do since im back there????)))

(long story short)

went to tighten my chain, stripped out jam nut for chain tensioner bolt....(on chain side)....... cannot remove its stripped,,, so to try and get a socket on it i removed the rear wheel .........

any suggestions on how to unjam the jam nut???? a 12 mm is too big and a 11mm wont fit????

and what kind of grease should i use when i re-assemble the axle......

any suggestions would be great thanks.......

(realized i need brake pads too what else should i do since im back there????)))

This is a very common problem when you do not keep grease on these componets.--------If it is just the lock nut, you can break it off with a chisle , but generally the threaded bolt its self is froze in the arm .

I have to repair at least one of these each month for somebody, -----

Generally I will set up and weld a larger nut on the end of the bolt ,

Then I can get a good 6 point sockett on the frozen bolt,-------then I will heat the face side of the swingarm with a torch right at the out side of the end and slowly try to rock and move the jamed bolt back and forth untill I get it to start to move ,---( I spray penetrate on the bolt many times while heating and rocking, ------it will come loose and out .)

Replace the bolt and nut with stock Honda componuts and use black moly grease in the swing arm threads and the bolt threads as well as the axle and the nut .

Each time you change a tire , re-grease these and you wont have this problem again !!!

i use anti-seize here