updated pin and weight faulty?

i took my bike in today for the pin and weight product update and once they got it in the bike the tech started it up and apparently the weight or pin failed or just did not work how it was intended. so they had to take it out and put the old one in. now they are apparently getting a new updated part. has anyone else heard of this? they essentially said it was an update on the updated part

no one?

Did you happen to get any of the part #s?

Did you happen to get any of the part #s?

unfortunately no, but they told me they received 2 of the update packages and apparently both of them were faulty. might be an isolated incident just thought it was odd that both had to be sent back for new ones.

no way.

you are being fed a line.

Eddie is right,what probably happened is that they did not get the spring preloaded correctly to allow proper function.This will allow the pin to not function correctly and possably fail.cheers

mine is scheduled for the update in two weeks but the dealership only sold 4 09 450's (that's all Honda gave them - last year they sold around 30 08's) and I worry they don't know how to do it right but I hate to leave it as is and have it go out on me and then have to scramble to get it done. Is it pretty basic or is it a bit tricky the first few times? They never like it when you tell them how to do their job.

Eddie is right,what probably happened is that they did not get the spring preloaded correctly to allow proper function.This will allow the pin to not function correctly and possably fail.cheers

funny thing is i was thinking the same thing, also i was with my buddy and we asked if we could install it ourselves quickly if they had a tech supervising and the lady snapped back with a quick no.

funny thing is i was thinking the same thing, also i was with my buddy and we asked if we could install it ourselves quickly if they had a tech supervising and the lady snapped back with a quick no.

what dealer are you going to?

you are absolutely correct. Honda is redesigning the redesign. It is not a "line"

they should start shipping in a week or two.

there is no way 2 of them broke instantly at the same dealer.

you are absolutely correct. Honda is redesigning the redesign. It is not a "line"

they should start shipping in a week or two.

So ur saying i'm gonna have to take back my bike for a second time,and honda is going to issue a 2nd service bulletin, where do u get ur info from?

So ur saying i'm gonna have to take back my bike for a second time,and honda is going to issue a 2nd service bulletin, where do u get ur info from?

i have no idea what you need to do. all i am saying is what the original post in this thead was asking is true. I get my info from Honda's R&D department in Torrance, CA. I have freinds there.

Albertaguy/johnrogers - where in Alberta are you. I'm in Grande Prairie. Haven't got a notice in the mail yet about the decomp pin. My VIN number is in the range posted by the gent from Saskcatchewan. I'm stopping by my dealer tonight to order up a fuel injector assembly

Keith

south of Calgary, I told them the pin needed replacing before I bought it and they said they hadn't got anything from honda about it so mine must not be affected. Then they registered my bike online with honda and a window popped up saying it needed to be updated and a kit was being sent. Kind of annoying as I asked for 2 weeks prior to buying the bike if they could do that before I picked it up. Now I have to take it back in, then go get it again the next day, and it sounds like the update is already outdated so maybe I'll wait. I know more about what's going on than theydo in many areas due to TT and they just say "we havn't heard anything. I would love to know more about this newest update - if it's for real they need to do every bike produced most likely.

im in grande prairie as well but i am having the update done in penticton b.c because i no longer go to the one in gp ever since they lost my bike.