pro circuit vs mx-tech

Hey everyone first off im 5'11 195 lbs A-class and ride an 09 crf450r. I have had the bike for 2 months now and i love it. Last year i had the 08 and i had two things done to it, yoshi and pro circuit works suspension. after about 4grand in suspension and countless hours of clicking and preload adjustments all i can say is i was satisfied and thought the suspension was great,I didnt think my bike could work any better. Well after a few months i sold the suspension and decided to go with something a little cheaper! I got my suspension done by mx tech and all i can say is wow what a difference -3000 dollars could make, i mean this in a good way! i could not believe how well this suspension worked and how much i saved. The bike felt amazing. i practice on a super hard track and it seems like no matter what size the bumps or how hard the landing the mx tech suspension just soakes it right up. I just got my suspension done on the 09 and it is now a totally different bike soo soo soo much better, anyway i would highly recomend the mx tech suspension to everyone and anyone who wants real preformance at a more than resonable cost!!!!!!!

wow what a difference -3000 dollars could make

I would hope for 3K you got a product that worked reasonably well. Assuming most suspension shops charge around $800 for springs/rebuild/revalve what did you get for the extra $2200?

this is a little naughty, you work for heavy duty racing who install mx tech stuff, so its advertising really?

this is a little naughty, you work for heavy duty racing who install mx tech stuff, so its advertising really?

I don't care about the advertising what I want to know is why he considers $3000 reasonable. I guess the guys that can afford that live out of 35' motorhomes at the track so it's no big deal to them.

hes saying mx tech do better for 1 grand vs 4 for pc.

A few years ago I bought a used set of forks with MX-Tech stickers on them, they were really set up nice. A local suspension guy just could not get another set of forks to work for me so I had him copy MX's valving. lol I think I pissed him off, but oh well. Next time I think I'll send my stuff out to John Curea.

WOW:ride:

I would hope for 3K you got a product that worked reasonably well. Assuming most suspension shops charge around $800 for springs/rebuild/revalve what did you get for the extra $2200?

I think he means MX-Tech was 3,000 dollars CHEAPER the the PC kit stuff.

Mike

yes thats what i ment,I paid arount 1000 for the mx tech stuff. And i do not work for heavy duty i am sponsered by them and even tho i should try to talk up the mx tech stuff because i am sponsered by a guy who is a distributor for them i would refuse to do so if the products were terrible!!!!! I absolutly love my suspension after mx tech worked their magic on it

it says minus 3k, meaning he paid 4k for the PC stuff and 1k for the MX Tech stuff. basically saying for 3k less he got better susp from MX- Tech

it says minus 3k, meaning he paid 4k for the PC stuff and 1k for the MX Tech stuff. basically saying for 3k less he got better susp from MX- Tech

Ok I misread that. So he feels he got his Kayabas working better than the a or b kit Showas on his '08.

$1000 for suspension and you're sponsored by them ?

My experience is that PC sets up suspension as if everyone rides/trains like a pro. The damping is designed to make the bike handle better (for a pro) at the expense of comfort we normal people have come to expect. If it beats you up too much you just better train harder. Judging by all the championships they've won it must work at that level. I don't think you'd hear RC whine about how harsh his forks are on the little choppy stuff as long as it saved his butt on some huge triple he overjumped.

very true. U wouldnt hear about them whining they dont get paid to do such,And if i am right dont they have people that get paid to dial in their suspension and spend just about rvry day with them changing it for different conditions and such. oh how i wish that i had that luxury. But in all fairness im just an average guy with a screwdriver and a tape measurer. i dont have a big fancy rig to go to when i dont like how my bike is handleing on certain parts of the track! I cant redoo a full shim stack change in between motos. I think the pro circuit stuff is really made to be worked on and tampered with alot more that what i have now. If u open the pc stuff up u will notice all of the special colers/ anodizing on the wear parts and how fast the in fact do wear, not only do you have to pay so much for it you also have to pay so much to maintain it! And as far as paying a thousand dollars for my suspension i wanted to give everyone a ball park idea of how much it coasts that was the point, of course i got a hook up!! and i really am not trying to make anyone on here mad or disgruntled sorry if it seems like im being a jerk i promise thats not how im trying to come off

My experience is that PC sets up suspension as if everyone rides/trains like a pro. The damping is designed to make the bike handle better (for a pro) at the expense of comfort we normal people have come to expect. If it beats you up too much you just better train harder. Judging by all the championships they've won it must work at that level. I don't think you'd hear RC whine about how harsh his forks are on the little choppy stuff as long as it saved his butt on some huge triple he overjumped.

Tru dat but lots of accounts of test riders who get to ride factory level suspension are amazed at how smooth and supple high end suspension can be. It has to do with the quality of materials and tolerances.

If it is true that you work for a company that deals with mx-tech then everything you say is suspect. You probably did them more harm than good by commenting on the suspension because you sound just like a shill.

If not your cool. I've used them in the past and I sent my PC works stuff to another company to be revalved, so please do not think I am a crazed MP fan or something.

I've had PC, FC, Pro-Action, and now MX-Tech.

MX-Tech rocks.