change your 450sxf/xcf into a 505

I am going to have some pistons made that will change the 450 into a 505. I'm tired of waiting for one of the aftermarket piston companies to do it. These will have the smaller wrist pin so it will be a strait change out and overbore. I would love to go bigger but the cost would be high- in the $16-1800 range. If there is enough interest I will have a bigger batch of pistons made which will keep the cost down to about the same as the old 540 kits for the RFS. If not it will add about $50-75 to the cost

I am going to have some pistons made that will change the 450 into a 505. I'm tired of waiting for one of the aftermarket piston companies to do it. These will have the smaller wrist pin so it will be a strait change out and overbore. I would love to go bigger but the cost would be high- in the $16-1800 range. If there is enough interest I will have a bigger batch of pistons made which will keep the cost down to about the same as the old 540 kits for the RFS. If not it will add about $50-75 to the cost

http://www.jepistons.com/cat/je/power/off_road/ktm/450sxf.shtml

JE already makes a piston for these bikes, I have had this setup in my bike for several months now. Hope this helps.?

Travis

Way to step up I'm very interested I hope you have enough demand for the kit to keep costs comparable to the 525 to 540 kit. All the reviews and comments about the 505 vs the 450 make this sound like a great way to boost power with reliabilty for the $ spent. I will be giving you a call when my top end is ready for a rebuild and go with your kit.

regards

drj1957

Sounds like a great idea as 505s are no longer available in canada.I was wondering what to do when my current 505 needs to be replaced,I couldn't possibly go back to a mere 450.Too bad you couldn't make it a true 505cc's.That would be incredible!

Sounds like a great idea as 505s are no longer available in canada.I was wondering what to do when my current 505 needs to be replaced,I couldn't possibly go back to a mere 450.Too bad you couldn't make it a true 505cc's.That would be incredible!
We can, all it takes is $