ok..searched...waterpump question

Hi guys, thaks for the time. i searched but didnt find this exact question.

I have a 07 rmz450. I want to get the boyesen wp kit. Is there a way to change the impeller WITHOUT taking the clutch cover off? I dont think so at this oint but thought id ask

thanks!!!!

Nope no way. Must be removed to get to the nut on the back of the impeller.

Damn i must be confused I thought I had to to pull mine off. Maybe not. I think it says to in the manual to pull the right side case cover off.

ya, they are two totally different areas. You should be good to go with just taking the pump cover off.

like whatitisho said, you have to take it off to get the nut on the back of the impeller.

....yup...07....cover comes off to get to nut...i was hoping for a better answer :lol: lol :p

thanks for the help guys!!!

pinto is runnin an 08...and that diagram was the magneto cover side...

..i looked online for a microphice but its incorrect. The reason i say this is because i have gotten the service manual and there is a nut at the back of the water pump gear. I would think that Ron Ayers' online stuff would be correct but i guess not..

again...thanks to all...

ok....maybe we were wrong.....that nut on the back of the gear, is PART of the gear. Maybe i can just hold the impeller with my hand?!?!?!?! i think the book just wants you to keep it from spinning by holding the nut at the back of the gear instead of possibly/maybe stripping the gear?!?!?!

torque on a impeller cant be anything right? i should be able to hold it?

let me know what ya think

In the 08 manual for my bike is says you are supposed to remove the cover so you can hold the impeller shaft to remove the impeller. You might be able to put bike in gear to hold that still but the stock manual says to remove the cover and hold the shaft.

pinto is runnin an 08...and that diagram was the magneto cover side...

..i looked online for a microphice but its incorrect. The reason i say this is because i have gotten the service manual and there is a nut at the back of the water pump gear. I would think that Ron Ayers' online stuff would be correct but i guess not..

again...thanks to all...

Ya, I have an 08. but that phiche was from an 07. the tolerances are so tight once you take that clutch cover off. I can't see how you would be able to reach anything by just taking that off.

It's not the clutch cover you remove it's the right side case cover. The one behind the clutch cover.

uhhh..... that sucks, what a pain in the a$$ to get one of those pumps on.:p

yea its bs.....i will try and hold it but ill be prepared to take the cover off if not.... :p what a pain!!!! and boyesen doesnt even make one for my RM250!!! ****ers!!!