952 at sand lake?

so i got a brand new Dunlop 952.

i got invited by some quaders with paddles to go to sand lake.

so should i just not worry and take my bike as is?

or get paddle for 65 and mounted for 15 and then come back and re mount my knobbie for 25?

im not worried about the straights im worried about the trails.

100 bucks is a bit much for one ride. not to mention i could spend it on somthin i do need.

so my question is.

are my buddies gonna leave me behind if i dont get a paddle?

and am i gonna make it up the trails they can?

do i reaaaallly need a paddle or can i rip around almost as good with a knobbie?

and also my bike is jetted for the tillamook area. am i gonna have to rejet at all?

from my experience of riding in the sand with a knobbie and a paddle, I would spend the $$ on a paddle, especially if you are going to be in the trees trying to stay close to your buddies. if you were going to stay out in the open you could get by with a new knobbie. we only ride in the sand once a year and I wouldn't do it again without a paddle. you can also save yourself a lot of $$ by learning to change the tires yourself. do a search on youtube for "changing a dirt bike tire" and you will find some great how to videos that make tire changing really easy.

It sounds like you haven't riden in the sand before. If that's the case, I would recomend airing down your 952. The sand is probably going to be wet this time of year anyway. You might find out that you don't even like to ride in the sand.

imo dont go without the paddle,chain wax,tape yer shock spring.first time i went on my kx the paddle ripped off my mud flap.wished someone hada told me sooner.now i take it off & put duct tape over my shock spring to avoid sandblasting the shock leg.?

Ive riden sand for years with just a knobby, always had fun even if the traction is slightly limited, but then again I dont need aids to help me ride. ? And yes I did fine in the trails, she'll just wiggle around on ya a bit.

plus you dont have to take your mud flap off

2 bolts & a foot of duct tape.pretty time consuming for some i guess.takes me about a minute & half to perform this complicated mod:lol:

you may be right, i just dont like paddles. i raced the sandfest grand prix last year, the top 3 ran knobs, last place and 2nd to last were running paddles. just an observation.

I'm no sandfest gran prix winner.ran both tires at sand lake & the paddle works way better for me.an average guy with average skill.you should see my daughter rip around on her xr 100 with a paddle.good luck in the sand.