2006 crf250r cam?

It all depends on your riding style and other mods. I am currently running a 04R cam which is basically the same grind and love it. I also have all the CC mods full exhaust and a 13.5:1 piston. All of those combined makes for a real ripper! I'm also running 13:49 gearing and it still pulls the wheel in 3rd all day, and with a little pull on the bars it'll lift it in 4th. I couldn't be happier but I also ride with my buddies with their Rs on mx, but I also trail ride alot and find no disadvantage. I'd say go for it, especially if it's a good deal. No regrets here!

06 and 04R cams are the same

I just put an 06 R cam in my 04 x and man what a nice upgrade! the 05 cam is the most mild of the R cams btw.

Very lil loss in the low end when changing to the 06r cam, you only really have to ride 50-100 rpms higher in the bottom to get the same power so its nill but up top the difference is like MY GOD. it ust to taper off about 60% of the way through the rpms pulling wise... now it just keeps on pulling.

I do not run with the pink wire mod as it really only raises the rev limiter and IMO if ur bouncin off the revlimiter shift the damn bike.

this is on my 04 250 with xheader and pipe, rejetted, open airbox, ap mod, smog pump blocked off. The 06 cam is probably the best upgrade i have ever done to my x...

Bought it for 26bucks!!! includes shipping. The cam has 10 hours on it. So stoked. I was going to sell my bike and truck and get a car, but now i'm getting the itch to ride again. I will be getting an fmf powercore 4 as well or an q4, not sure it all depends on price right now. I will be re-jetting and maybe pulling the pink wire as it does do something with the ignition curve. ?

I am going to rejet mine also.....I would think you just rejet it like a 250R after you put the higher compression R Piston and R cam in it. I think the R comes stock with 172 main. I am waiting for the rest of my parts to come in so I can put mine back togeather.....My 2004 X just had the head rebuilt buy the one who will remain namless on TT. I have a 2008 OEM piston, and 2006 250R cam.....I am waiting for my rings, gaskets, and a 165 main jet to arrive....Any suggestions on needle positions or opinions on putting the 165 main jet in it....I already have 250 R exhaust and opened up air box. My current jetting is as fallows. I have a 155 main jet, 42 pilot jet and 55 leak jet. Needle in stock position. With stock cam and old piston bike ran very good. Always looking for more though...

the 06 and newer 250R have a 40mm carb, so it's jetting will not translate. If you're refering to the 05 and older, I would ask a reputable source about how jet the bike since, just like the 250X, the older bikes benefited from richer jetting.

to the OP, I believe "the one who shall remain nameless" told me that the 04/06 cam was the most radical. depends on your style, but I am sure you'll love it.

Actually guys I'm probably going to be trading it in for a 250f. One came into the shop today looking mint. It's an 06 crf250r. So i'll be having the cam that I just bought go back on ebay or something, and the q4 will have to be sent back for an 06 crf250r q4.

From mild to wild, based on duration and overlap.

california X

225deg int and exh

0 degrees

49 state X

230deg intake and ex

20deg overlap

05-06 R

245 deg int and ex

30 deg overlap

04 R

245 int 250 exh 35deg overlap

08 r