Tomahawk Race Questions (newbie)

After several trips to Tomahawk MX Park for some track time, I have started to think about entering a race. There seem to be alot of great people there, several of which helped my riding technique and paced with me which was very cool.

So to those who race there, and insight to the following?

1. How long is each race?

2. Is there a warm up lap before each moto?

3. What are the order of classes throughout the day?

4. I run a 250 two stroke- any opinions of best class to run as a beginner? My goal is to simply finish!

Any insight is great- I gotta start somewhere!

Thanks!

1- Depends on the race day. Usually 4 laps.

2- No, all you get is a 15 min morning practice session, although they usually give a class a sighting lap if they do alot of track maintenance before the moto.

3- Always changes, Never the same.

4- 250 C, but if you are 30 or older then do Vet/30+ C.

Thanks for your response- great info. My main issue is that I will probably miss practice due to my night work schedule- a sight lap would be nice, but I guess that would really slow things down. Nonetheless , sounds like somthing I will give a shot at it in the future!

Thanks again!

Oh yea, how late can you sign up on race day? Any pre-registration?

Nice man, I been meaning to ask the same things. 4 laps aint bad at all, I could do 4 fast laps. Now that I got the 90ftr down think I may try and race myself. To bad I had to go an get myself a 450 Nch or I would be racing with you. This weekend is LLQ, no thanks, but the next race there is going to be a MDRA race. You can sign up raceday also, its on the website. They do have warm up in the morning of the motos, just not right before each one.

Yup, went up there on Monday. Weather wasnt that great but the wrist was feeling better. Anyhow there was a kid doing it on a 85cc, needless to say I had to go for it. 3rd and rolled on the power. Got it really easy from then on, just had to get the feel of it. Now I gotta get that triple and I'm ready for C class. PM'ed you

Yup, went up there on Monday. Weather wasnt that great but the wrist was feeling better. Anyhow there was a kid doing it on a 85cc, needless to say I had to go for it. 3rd and rolled on the power. Got it really easy from then on, just had to get the feel of it. Now I gotta get that triple and I'm ready for C class. PM'ed you

PM returned. If thats what it takes to run the C class, I will be DEEP in the pack! Wish I could get past the nerves!!! I know the bike can do it! LOL!

Hey pegged, how goes it???!!!- FiremanKay is talking about the section soon after the tunnel where most people do table, then double into a single- some people turn the last part into a triple. It looks crazy when they do it! By the way pegged, I sent you a message

Fireman-if your doing the 90 and looking at the triple...i think it might be time for you to move on up to B class!

Never raced before though, I have no idea how I will do. thought I would start at the bottom and work my way up.

The lip is nice on the triple now, what I did find though is that is its not the fastest line, per say. I would scrub (best I could at least) it as a double and then shoot the single into the inside of the turn and would beet the guys tripling it onto the straight. I would also have a better line into the next turn

The future in not clear right now about the noise but I have a stock exhaust anyway...

Well, he would be ok if its just 125 C or 250 C. some of the C class top riders(kids graduating form minis) will be doing those jumps. But listen, since you said you havent raced before, only do those jumps if nobody is in front of you! Some of those squids could go down or will even drift into your line and cause a disaster! ?

Good Luck!

Fireman-if your doing the 90 and looking at the triple...i think it might be time for you to move on up to B class!

Never raced before though, I have no idea how I will do. thought I would start at the bottom and work my way up.

QUOTE]

oh okay...yea its best to start out in C...if you wipe them out move on up! ?

Well, he would be ok if its just 125 C or 250 C. some of the C class top riders(kids graduating form minis) will be doing those jumps. But listen, since you said you havent raced before, only do those jumps if nobody is in front of you! Some of those squids could go down or will even drift into your line and cause a disaster!?

Good Luck!

Yea I was thinking the same thing, only hit them if I'm out front or in the front pack. Thanks for the tips too guys. Cant wait to race, been wanting to ride dirtbikes my whole life, now i'm all grown up and have the time an money (very little of that though) ?