Lowest Gearing XR650L?

What is the smallest front sprocket? Mfg.?

What is the biggest rear sprocket? (with stock chain guide) Mfg.?

Bonus Question: How many chain links?

If you don't know, please reply with what sizes you are using and why.

What is your 1st gear top speed? 5th gear top speed?

With a large rear tire (140 MT21 or a terrorflex) I've been down to 13-48 gearing, which is about 14-48 or 13-45 with a tire the same size as stock.

13-48 and 14-48 both will work with the stock length chain (110 links).

Min speed 1st gear 13-48 with a big back tire is slow enough there almost isn't enough speed to balance.

Max speed is about 75 or 80 or so, redline.

Dave

prolly max you could get is 13/49 should check TT store to see what sprockets they sell, but i think ive seen a 49 maybe 50 rear, that would be wicked gearing too!!

I read in a magazine several years ago that we could put the first gear shaft and the first gear out of an xr600r (any year) and close up the gearing between first and second to help with rideability in the dirt. has anyone done this and is it as easy as that. where can I go to get part #'s and info on the swap

I went with the 14 front and 48 rear. Works great top speed is around 67 without pushing it to hard. Makes trail riding a blast. second gear tight trails clutching out of corners no need to shift into first. Makes the bike feel like it should. Kinda like a power now feeling. makes picking up the front tire effortless. If you like trail riding and jumping as much or more than I do give it a try. One really cool thing about the xr650l is how quick and easy it is to switch out sprockets.

most widely used gearing combo and a 15f for freeway riding

I read in a magazine several years ago that we could put the first gear shaft and the first gear out of an xr600r (any year) and close up the gearing between first and second to help with rideability in the dirt. has anyone done this and is it as easy as that. where can I go to get part #'s and info on the swap

I have also read that you can use the second gear from an NX to close the gap. Don't have any experience, so I can't say if it would work.

:excuseme: Bet no one knew the L has a low range sub tranny:confused:

It's first gear, then you shift into the high range:goofy: