yamaha plastics

Most colored plastics will get that white coloration to them when they get bent out of shape. Its just the plastic stretching that brings that out. If you have a decent heat gun you can heat the area up and make the white dissappear. I use a small propane torch but you have to be careful so you dont melt the plastic. ?

Yep, I had a set of pretty dinged up and creased like all hell plastics that I replaced with a new set.

I put the radiator shrouds in the oven and used a heat gun on the front and rear fenders and they were in such good shape I was mad at myself for buying new plastics.

Yep, I had a set of pretty dinged up and creased like all hell plastics that I replaced with a new set.

I put the radiator shrouds in the oven and used a heat gun on the front and rear fenders and they were in such good shape I was mad at myself for buying new plastics.

How hot oven and how long? I gotta try this...

Sorry I totally forgot about this thread,

Firstly use a hobby knife to clean up any gouges etc and make sure the plastics are nice and clean.

From *memory* I preheated the oven to 90-100*C or 190-210*F and put them on one of the racks in the oven. They go soft and return to their original shape, be careful not to touch the surfaces you want to show off as they may mark.

When you take them out don't be alarmed if they look really matte or dull, as soon as they 'reset' the shine will come back.

And your ugly plastics will almost look new again, provided they aren't torn or gouged too badly.

Ovens aren't just for food ?

I wouldn't recommend trying this with the graphics still attached. But it's a good way to reuse your plastics when you get a new graphics kit, we all know how expensive new plastics + graphics is...

Hope this helps some of you guys out.