Price on an XR650L crate engine.

There's nothing wrong with mine. I'm just wandering for comparative reasons how much a new XR650L and transmission crate engine runs.

you would have to check with a dealer I think as they are the only ones who can order one. (as far as I know) same for crated bikes.

I remember finding a price online, I forget where, but they listed a new engine at $3600

Sometimes you can get a new/used engine from www.keepitroostin.com

They buy old stock (new and used) and part them out. I have seen XRLs and XRRs on the site brand new but last years model. Kinda makes me sad seeing perfect bikes torn apart and sold like that. I have bought stuff from them and it is of new quailty.

R

I just looked at their site. They have a 2007 complete engine less carb they are bidding out. Bike had 300 miles on it. Current bid it $910. with 3 days left.

Sometimes they just have a buy it now price but this one is being bidded out.

R

New pull-outs were going for about $2400-2600 on "that" auction site about two years ago. No bids, just "Buy It Now" and they were selling.

There's nothing wrong with mine. I'm just wandering for comparative reasons how much a new XR650L and transmission crate engine runs.

A lot more than doing an O/H at home...

XR's Only gave me a ballpark quote for a complete out of bike rebuild of $2100

A lot more than doing an O/H at home...

I was plotting on buying one as a back-up in case something went squirrely with my plant and train. So I could just swap and do repairs at my leisure. But maybe I'll just buy a back-up bike (bikes are the way to go in So Cal).