piston and linear not fitting properly Help!

hi guys i have a rm 125 getting rebuilt and the problem is his telling me that the piston doesnt go all the way down and it is getting caught on one of the ports i think, he says theve bored it but still no luck. he reackons it would be best to sell it as it mite cause me problems. but what problems should a freshly rebuilt motor bring me? he says the bottom end is fine just the top:S Please help me if you have heard of this before on 2strokes? do you think his used the wrong sleeve or something please help me i am so pissed off :p

I think you need to find a REAL mechanic and fast.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing.

If your worried look online and find a OEM cylinder problem solved wont set ya back more than $200.

ive seen the oem cylinder and head for around $200 but i live in the uk and the shipping costs are expensive. the bloke is a real machanic and has been doing it for abotu 25 years i think, i will get more info and update asap

ive seen the oem cylinder and head for around $200 but i live in the uk and the shipping costs are expensive. the bloke is a real machanic and has been doing it for abotu 25 years I THINK, i will get more info and update asap

I rest my case!

Tell him to put the rings on RIGHT and then to check.

Two stroke rings will stick unless they're positioned properly.

If this doesn't work, fire his ass and get a proper mechanic.

He could be a 25 year four stroke mechanic coming into two strokes for the first time.

i would be pissed if he bored it out and it is hanging up he owes you a new cylender i would make him worry aboout the shippng cost!!!!!!!!!! and get your bike fixed>

i wouldnt of thought he would of had any problems with it, im not going to give up on a good old school crosser though and i obvously wont be paying for anything that isnt done. anyway another week gone now, i cant wait till shes back so i can fire her up and start the no powerband break in:)