stock 530 xcw jetting specs

Hi,my buddy just bought a 09' 530 exc and I'm going to rejet it and desmog it for him and every body is all over the place on jetting.One says 42 p another 48,165 main 175?So I figure I'd like to start with baseline xcw specs thanks

Doesn't KTM give a new bike owner the manual with it for parts diagrams and basic maintenance? They have the numbers for carb jets and needle listed in a spec chart on the older books.

Doesn't KTM give a new bike owner the manual with it for parts diagrams and basic maintenance? They have the numbers for carb jets and needle listed in a spec chart on the older books.

they sure do but he owns a 530 exc not a 530 xcw

Stock XCRW jetting;40 pilot,180 main, needle(OBDTR) 1st from top,fuel screw 1-1/2 out.These are 2008 specs and I'm unsure if they are different for 2009.If you remove the smog crap ,you must change the pilot to the 40.The Main jet really depends on the temperature/elevation of your area.Note;these are the stock jetting specs but not what I would reccommend.I installed the JD jetting kit which consists of a 42 pilot,175 main,two different needles(I usually use the blue one) and an O-ring to wrap around the accelerator pump linkage, as well as a few other main jets.If you don't plan on buying the kit ,try this; 42 pilot,175 main raise needle 2-3 positions turn out fuel screw 1/2 - 1full turn

Stock XCRW jetting;40 pilot,180 main, needle(OBDTR) 1st from top,fuel screw 1-1/2 out.These are 2008 specs and I'm unsure if they are different for 2009.If you remove the smog crap ,you must change the pilot to the 40.The Main jet really depends on the temperature/elevation of your area.Note;these are the stock jetting specs but not what I would reccommend.I installed the JD jetting kit which consists of a 42 pilot,175 main,two different needles(I usually use the blue one) and an O-ring to wrap around the accelerator pump linkage, as well as a few other main jets.If you don't plan on buying the kit ,try this; 42 pilot,175 main raise needle 2-3 positions turn out fuel screw 1/2 - 1full turn

well said.

well stock 09'530 exc is 180m 48p with the brass I had laying around I went with a 172 main stock pilot and blue neddle 3rd clip and a fmf q muffler instead of circumcising the stock muffler.Seams to run great!

well stock 09'530 exc is 180m 48p with the brass I had laying around I went with a 172 main stock pilot and blue neddle 3rd clip and a fmf q muffler instead of circumcising the stock muffler.Seams to run great!

Just put the FMF muffler from the "Ready to Race" kit on mine and it promptly melted the turn signal and my plastic muffler guard. How did you stop this on yours? I think the FMF Q is basically same thing as what comes in the kit. I have the spark arrestor insert in it.

Just put the FMF muffler from the "Ready to Race" kit on mine and it promptly melted the turn signal and my plastic muffler guard. How did you stop this on yours? ...

remove stock stuff and put on flush mount low profile LED lights with low profile plater holder. sicass and baja designs makes some nice ones.

remove stock stuff and put on flush mount low profile LED lights with low profile plater holder. sicass and baja designs makes some nice ones.

Can I put the flush mount turn signals on the stock license plate fender? Rather not spend the money on the other fender piece but I will if I have to. How do you deal with the frame guard melting. If you don't have anything there you will fry your pants and apparently the stock plastic guard doesn't work out that well. Or maybe I had an exhaust leak where the header and the pipe meet and that's what caused it?

Can I put the flush mount turn signals on the stock license plate fender? Rather not spend the money on the other fender piece but I will if I have to. How do you deal with the frame guard melting. If you don't have anything there you will fry your pants and apparently the stock plastic guard doesn't work out that well. Or maybe I had an exhaust leak where the header and the pipe meet and that's what caused it?

sorry for the thread jack... but to answer your questions...

I think you can. but remember the big floppy stock plate holder will most likely break off or get wadded up after a few good landings... you might be able to cut it down and make it low profile yourself... i just pull all my stock stuff off and kept it in one piece and bought new stuff... the new stuff was around $100 which included plate holder, LED flush mount turn signal and LED tail light.

I don't have issues with the pipe/header melting any other plastics. I do need the guard for where the header and pipe meet... I keep burning my shoes and boots there.

sorry for the thread jack... but to answer your questions...

I think you can. but remember the big floppy stock plate holder will most likely break off or get wadded up after a few good landings... you might be able to cut it down and make it low profile yourself... i just pull all my stock stuff off and kept it in one piece and bought new stuff... the new stuff was around $100 which included plate holder, LED flush mount turn signal and LED tail light.

I don't have issues with the pipe/header melting any other plastics. I do need the guard for where the header and pipe meet... I keep burning my shoes and boots there.

Ok thanks for your help. Yes that guard that I started to melt today is the one you are referring to. Without it I'm pretty sure I would melt my boots/pants.

Ruling the Roost said,

"well stock 09'530 exc is 180m 48p with the brass I had laying around I went with a 172 main stock pilot and blue neddle 3rd clip and a fmf q muffler instead of circumcising the stock muffler.Seams to run great!"

If I understand you correctly if I change my jetting to what you posted for my 09 530 exc-r with stimulus FMF pipe I should be ok. Now that I changed pipe I have a bog if I snap throttle hard. Will I need a new leak jet or accelerator pump adjustment?

Thanks

Ruling the Roost said,

"well stock 09'530 exc is 180m 48p with the brass I had laying around I went with a 172 main stock pilot and blue neddle 3rd clip and a fmf q muffler instead of circumcising the stock muffler.Seams to run great!"

If I understand you correctly if I change my jetting to what you posted for my 09 530 exc-r with stimulus FMF pipe I should be ok. Now that I changed pipe I have a bog if I snap throttle hard. Will I need a new leak jet or accelerator pump adjustment?

Thanks

Well,I don't know how much four stroke experience you have but any four stroke that you snap the throttle it will bog. Real world test would be to roll the throttle on in a tall gear and see how it responds.

i installed JD's kit and had great success. It has the AP mod, O-ring mod, a few different jetting configurations, and instructions on when to use what... also the phone support is great.

it solved my bogging issues. I also have the 530 excr.

if you search on this forum you'll see some other good non JD suggestions as well, and it'll probably save you a few bucks.

I think using a 48 pilot would be too big though.

i installed JD's kit and had great success. It has the AP mod, O-ring mod, a few different jetting configurations, and instructions on when to use what... also the phone support is great.

it solved my bogging issues. I also have the 530 excr.

if you search on this forum you'll see some other good non JD suggestions as well, and it'll probably save you a few bucks.

I think using a 48 pilot would be too big though.

It seams to me if you do the o-ring mod you have to run a leaner pilot so there for I don't o-ring it and run a larger pilot.On my 525 after I o-ringed it it had a bad bog so I keep leaning out the mixture screw to the piont it was almost shut and finally just took it off and runs great now, this should open a can of worms.:p

It seams to me if you do the o-ring mod you have to run a leaner pilot so there for I don't o-ring it and run a larger pilot.On my 525 after I o-ringed it it had a bad bog so I keep leaning out the mixture screw to the piont it was almost shut and finally just took it off and runs great now, this should open a can of worms.:p

regardless of the O-ring mod, I think the 48 pilot is too big.

I'm going to search for non-JD jetting solution. Do most of the non-JD solutions leave the AP and leak jet alone? Also if I have 45 & 175 what direction do you recommend first?

I'm going to search for non-JD jetting solution. Do most of the non-JD solutions leave the AP and leak jet alone? Also if I have 45 & 175 what direction do you recommend first?

Put your 45 and 175 in and run your stock needle 5th clip from top. Hope that helps.

That's how the dealer set it up for me when they re-jetted it. Still has the bog?