Real power gains with Q4 on WR250R??

Boy I hope I can prove myself wrong, but I have done back to back runs with my Q4/powerbomb combo and my stock exhaust (with exup locked open), and they seem the same.

Just riding around, the FMF sounds better, and I'd say it seems more responsive, but I think it's all in my head. (sounds better = faster, right??)

I spent hours cracking wheelies with both pipes, and the bike responds the same (yes this is subjective).

My other more databased test is a full throttle acceleration up a long hill near my house. I hit a certain spot on the hill at 50mph in 5th gear, and go full throttle to another spot. I hit the same speed in the same spot with either pipe. Acually, the stock pipe got me an extra 1mph sometimes. :p

I have done the airbox flapper mod, EXUP sub, and AIS removal. I have an FMF Programmer and I've used the stock settings as well as 333888. I will say that those mods made a difference (not sure how much to attribute to each).

I'm in the process of hooking up an Innovate LM2 data logger with a wideband o2 sensor. I will log RPM, throttle position, and the o2 sensor reading. This will allow me to plot data from my hill climbs.

Anyone have real data saying that the Q4 is better than stock?

of course the q4 is better...it's half the weight!:p

there is a thread in the directory of mods: airbox mods by someone, where he did dyno runs in different configurations.

i know that the whole of the mods is better than stock.

personally, i came up with my own fmf settings that made a huge difference over stock the stock settings.

On my q4 I noticed substantially less lugging In high gear at lower speed. I also noticed I can pull 3rd gear wheelies with ease, before I installed the pipe I really had to work it to get up. I weigh about 190 without gear and my bike is s tall as I can get it.

I could only get about half a dozen 3rd gear wheelies per clutch but after I started using the all new and improved ShamWow I'm now pulling off an endless number of 4th and 5th gear wheelies, hell I wheelie all over town now a days in fact; does anybody whanna buy my front tire? hardly been used still like new.

When I switched to the Q4 I was having a harder time lofting the front tire due to the lack of weight ballast at the rear.

You talking about picking up the front tire on level ground in 3rd or 4th gear without touching the clutch? I don't think I would have a shot in hell at doing that. My suspension is a bit lower and I'm light, so that doesn't help.

I could only get about half a dozen 3rd gear wheelies per clutch but after I started using the all new and improved ShamWow I'm now pulling off an endless number of 4th and 5th gear wheelies:worthy: , hell I wheelie all over town now a days in fact; does anybody whanna buy my front tire? hardly been used still like new.

When I switched to the Q4 I was having a harder time lofting the front tire due to the lack of weight ballast at the rear.

:p

On my q4 I noticed substantially less lugging In high gear at lower speed. I also noticed I can pull 3rd gear wheelies with ease, before I installed the pipe I really had to work it to get up. I weigh about 190 without gear and my bike is s tall as I can get it.

I've noticed a huge difference there too, but I think that was all the other mods - not the pipe. Originally, the bike was terrible if you lugged it down.

I don't clutch my wheelies.

I only have the pipe so far

What do you guy's think is quieter.....the stock exhaust with the end baffle removed or the q4?

es.

I have done the airbox flapper mod, EXUP sub, and AIS removal.

I really would like to do these mods but I'm really confused with all the different info on here.Is there simple instructions on here where I can get rid of all the crap on top of my airbox so I could leave it wide oen on top. I keep hearing about this EXUP sub and ais removal......I wnt to do these, but I don't even understand where or what they are! lol

I've got a fmf power programer on the way so I'd sure like to get these mods done soon.

I don't clutch my wheelies.

I only have the pipe so far

:p So you can pick up the front tire in 3rd on flat ground?

I guess I need to take lessons. :lol:

Do you have stock gearing?

Q4. No contest. But my stock pipe has some holes drilled

On the inside.

Yes i have stock gears on flat ground 3rd gear no clutch, standing. About 2in rise over stck bars. Sitting there is no way I could pull it up without the clutch.

of course the q4 is better...it's half the weight!:p

there is a thread in the directory of mods: airbox mods by someone, where he did dyno runs in different configurations.

i know that the whole of the mods is better than stock.

personally, i came up with my own fmf settings that made a huge difference over stock the stock settings.

Anything like these? :lol: 3,5.5,.5,7,2,4.5

(Yup, I stole them from another one of your posts).

Q4. No contest. But my stock pipe has some holes drilled

On the inside.

Yes i have stock gears on flat ground 3rd gear no clutch, standing. About 2in rise over stck bars. Sitting there is no way I could pull it up without the clutch.

Standing scares the crap out of me. Does that make it easier to shift weight and pick up the front end?

Standing scares the crap out of me. Does that make it easier to shift weight and pick up the front end?

I didn't read your last few words... question answered.

You must have orangutan arms.