I was in a race, rider cut in front of me on a small jump, was at a slow speed and hit small jump. Thought I was going to hit other rider, instinctively put my leg out and took the brunt of the suspension into leg. It was like a jam to the knee, very slight, don't know if I felt a pop. Pulled off, checked the leg, then decided not to push it just in case. Got off the bike and it did buckle slightly. This was the only time it felt unstable. This was early in the morning. The knee got fairly sore for the next few hours, but very mild swelling if at all. Iced it all day and elevated. Overnight swelling happened, but not very much. It also swelled my calf and foot slightly. Saw a doctor mid-day to check it out. Again, swelling was not very bad. He performed lachman's and anterior drawer test and results were negative, he did not think there was any ligament damage, but wanted an MRI to double check. I never stopped walking on the leg, but walked with a slight limp. Two days later, full weight, but I was still favoring it, probably mental since I really didn't know the final outcome. Got an MRI 4 days later, and yesterday (day 8) went to see doctor. He now says a ruptured ACL, then tries to go for surgery in 4 weeks. This guy is a PA-C, not an MD first off. Second, he is backing up on the Lachman's test saying he now "might" see a little movement. I am concerned. Today I can walk normal, I exercised at full pace last night pain free. Rode recumbant cycle, no pain. The only pain I have is some stiffness in back of knee, slight pop when I straighten the leg at full extension, and I can't squat completely yet. I am putting full weight on it. Twisting, etc, etc..still favoring because I am not sure how much to do. I have had incidents in my area in the past of misdiagnosis that could have cost me major surgery and money unnecessarily. I have read that Lachman's and Anterior Drawer Tests are more reliable than an MRI, so I'm in a bind here. I lost last season to an injury, I don't want to lose another back to back if I can help it. Can you give me any advice at all on this? Sent an email to your website, but thought I'd try here as well.