Anybody been to Mclean Creek (Alberta) Recently?

Looking to find out what the conditions are like before we head out there this weekend.

Its so nice out there and burnt timber was the funnest time iv ever had on a bike. Sorry man cant help ya with info but your lucky to live out there and ride.

I think mclean is closed till may 1st, or maylong weekend. But the bar C area by waiprous is open, also indian graves, porcupine hills, drumheller and irricana are good spots to go this time of year. Let me know where your headed, maybe can meet up. I should have my bike back together for this weekend, just got a big bore kit for the YZ, just ported it and also bored the carb. Can't wait to see how she runs. :p:lol:

I think mclean is closed till may 1st, or maylong weekend. But the bar C area by waiprous is open, also indian graves, porcupine hills, drumheller and irricana are good spots to go this time of year. Let me know where your headed, maybe can meet up. I should have my bike back together for this weekend, just got a big bore kit for the YZ, just ported it and also bored the carb. Can't wait to see how she runs. :p:lol:

We've been planning on hitting Porcupine hills soon (never have before), and for the most part we've been riding Indian Graves, Burnt Timber, and McLean over the last couple years, but we want to try some new riding. How's Irricana?

Looking like we're going to hit Blackfoot this weekend to test out the bikes instead (we've all switched up this year). I just replaced my '00 RM125 with an '03 CR250 so I'm itchin' to ride it (hasn't been in gear yet).

Also, got any details on Irricana? I haven't heard about the riding there before you mentioned it.

Mclean is closed until May, not that you could ride there anyway with all the snow. Porkies still has lots of snow. Waiparous has very limited legal riding, most of the area was shut down when GAMP was introduced. You can find more info at www.rockymountaindirtriders.com

Good call banff. Irricana is just an old abandoned cp rail gravel pit, but it is open for riding. It's not bad if you have nothing better to do, or want to try out the new bike. Rocky mountain dirt riders is a great organization, you should check them out as Banffboy mentioned.

Thanks for the info guys, looks like Drumheller may open up Sat so here's hoping conditions hold up.