Coarse Foam

I was accually looking for foam to install in my mountain bike to reduce noise and dirt is tight spots. can I cut up an air filter? if not where can I get coarse non absorbant foam cheap?

I was accually looking for foam to install in my mountain bike to reduce noise and dirt is tight spots. can I cut up an air filter? if not where can I get coarse non absorbant foam cheap?

Where does the foam go? And Walmart sells coarse non absorbant foam. There is two places you can look. Look in the paint isle near wire brushes, they have black sponges that are really abrasive. They are made for taking off paint, but they are completely non absorbant. Also, if they arent there, take a look next to the grille/ outdoor utensils.

Where does the foam go? And Walmart sells coarse non absorbant foam. There is two places you can look. Look in the paint isle near wire brushes, they have black sponges that are really abrasive. They are made for taking off paint, but they are completely non absorbant. Also, if they arent there, take a look next to the grille/ outdoor utensils.

the foam would be going in the steertube on my fork. behind the eye of my shock. anywhere dirt can get at.

the foam would be going in the steertube on my fork. behind the eye of my shock. anywhere dirt can get at.

Good Idea! I never thought of that. But I definitely think the coarse sponge I recommended would be perfect for that.

Try a fabric store, most have different sizes and thickness.