drz facelift

I have been driving my drz400s for a couple of yers now. After this winter i descided to do something about it because it didn´t look to good. It´s a -00 and has had some tough moments in the woods. This is what the bike looked like when I started the surgery.

_DSC5875.jpg

2.jpg

After about 40minutes with my Bosch screwdriver the bike looked like this.

3.jpg

4.jpg

I decided to paint the frame in blue.

5.jpg

Regreas and replace...

6.jpg

And then the engine...

7.jpg

note the blue cap on the left side of the engine.:p

8.jpg

A day later the drz started to look like a bike again. Now with sm-wheels.

9.jpg

Subframe

10.jpg

11.jpg

I decided to remove the oem airbox so I had to use a old frontfender as a rearfender.

12.jpg

13.jpg

Tank and some more fenders

14.jpg

15.jpg

I painted the exhaustpipe with "hotpaint"

16.jpg

Almost done

17.jpg

18.jpg

I like blue:worthy: The airfilter is made to fit cars

19.jpg

Like a glove

23.jpg

22.jpg

Some say the blue frame on a suzuki is oldschool, some call it husaberg-wannabe. Left to do is numberplate-mod and fit a speedometer

21.jpg

the blue frame looks good:thumbsup:

back in the early 80's i always did my rm frames in blue to look like the newer bikes of the day.

and.....stop your bragiing about how fast your project is coming along:busted:

i can't seem to find time to finish mine. i spent sooo much time prepping the frame for paint.

edit....my plastics looked worse than yours. they cleaned up pretty good in the kitchen sink with a kitchen scotch bright pad & some baking soda.

I'd recognize that PJ1 Suzuki Blue Epoxy paint anywhere.

Nice Job.

Damn man! Nice work! Love the spray booth you made and good choice on the old school blue/yellow suzuki look. Welcome to the world of SM! :p

How does it run with the new filter? I like the Blue, I am just doing mine and was thinking of a slightly darker blue for frame forks and swingarm. That blue goes well with the yellow plastics.

This was a low budget project:

-Blue paint

-Hotpaint for the exhaust

-Grease, fork oil, engine oil etc

-Airfilter

-Some blue hoses

-Hoses for the connection between carburetor and airfilter (from the junkyard)

-Sprockets and chain

At first I wanted to paint the frame in aluminum-gray and have black plastics and tank. But when I opened the gray can it looked more like white. So I decided to go for the old school look. But wasn´t the rm:s more dark blue?

How does it run with the new filter? I like the Blue, I am just doing mine and was thinking of a slightly darker blue for frame forks and swingarm. That blue goes well with the yellow plastics.

The engine runs well. But I will tune the carburetor som more.

Very good work man, the filter is "sick" but isn't suggested by Eddie. I noticed two details :

1) Blue toolbox and blue bikelift, i hope that the paint is over before you'd paint everything in blue!!! :p

2) The serious detail is your cam chain tensioner:jawdrop: , i can't believe that it stiil works. You should replace it with an aftermarket Manual CCT or an OEM ACCT of newer DRZ.

Nice rebuild, looks good especially with the naked air filter view.

Very good work man, the filter is "sick" but isn't suggested by Eddie. I noticed two details :

1) Blue toolbox and blue bikelift, i hope that the paint is over before you'd paint everything in blue!!! :cry:

2) The serious detail is your cam chain tensioner:jawdrop: , i can't believe that it stiil works. You should replace it with an aftermarket Manual CCT or an OEM ACCT of newer DRZ.

1) The toolbox, the bikelift and the paint are actually bought in the same store.:lol: As well as the airfilter.

2) The cam chain tensioner is working just fine. It´s home made like everything else on my vehicles. :p

I like the painted frame. Just curious, while you had everything disassembled, why didn't you paint the subframe to match?

Looks nice. Need some new plastics now.

I like the painted frame. Just curious, while you had everything disassembled, why didn't you paint the subframe to match?

i would guess because paint doesn't adhere to aluminum well.

I think it looks better when the subframe, stering head and swingarm is aluminum. Aluminum is more racing, that´s why I don´t paint it.

Looks nice. Need some new plastics now.

Yes, but now I just want to ride :p