Illinois, Fox Valley HS?

I can't seem to get an answer from the web site e-mail contact, so I'm trying here. Fox Valley has listed a 150cc adult "Thumper class" on the web site. It says "Non-district adult fun class". So does a person need a district card or not? Thanks much.

It is a non district class , i.e. non points paying class for d-17..... But it is being held at a district 17 race.. so you have to have a district card......

Purchasing a district card helps pay for the security in the pits at D17 races. It has really helped cut down on the illegal smoking activities.

Purchasing a district card helps pay for the security in the pits at D17 races. It has really helped cut down on the illegal smoking activities.

Hasn't seemed to slow you down any>>>>>>>>:p

A district card costs, what, $20?

Just get one and be done with it.

You can look at it that way Matt, but It's not about the money. It's about perceived value. Sometimes I ask myself "What am I getting for my $20?

Anyway hopefully my PVL ignition comes in in time, so I can be at the first race.

You can look at it that way Matt, but It's not about the money. It's about perceived value. Sometimes I ask myself "What am I getting for my $20?

Exactly. It's a non district class, no points are compiled. I want to bring my 17 year old daughter on her XR100, and myself on a CRF150F and have a little fun. I don't care about points or even a $5 trophy. I guess we get a magazine, but nothing in it intersts me. It's 95% modern MX, and my interests are vintage (pre 1975) MX and dirt track. Oh well, I guess we'll see how that "security in the pits at D17 races" goes this year?

Anyhow, thanks for the replies....

What district 17 offers is an organized group of tracks/ clubs who work hard to put on events, protect your right to ride, and yes offer a magazine and event guide. All these items are not availble ANYWHERE in this NATION like we do it in IL d-17. Those are facts.

The other part is as a setting director on the board of directors of d-17, I have to follow the rules in the d-17 rule book. those same rules in which we have discussed in emails and such in other threads.

We offer races at FVOR with the AMA/ d-17 banner which like stated above comes with rules. Those rules are no different then what riders have to follow, and we do our best to stay organized and in check with those same rules.

So to clarify this, we as a track/riding park feel it's a value to our customers, we also don't think there are many that ride/race our stuff that feel much differently about d-17. Of course we all have opinions about organizations, I am not happy at times with stuff that goes on. BUt together is the only way it works.

In fact that little trip to springfield earlier this year, was a direct result of organazation who all worked together to fight a "bad rule".

We do have "one" day passes available for riders who may only wish to ride once. We gladly will offer those.

sometimes values are shaped and different then direct results.........JMHO

wardy

It's $15 earlier in the year and $20 now. It helps those of us that race in the District and if you're planning on attending an event in the District, that means it helps you too. Regardless of whether you want points or not.

Some spend more than that in gas to go to the races. Think of it as a necessary expense to race within the District. If you don't like it, then it's simple. Don't race.

The choice is your's.

$20 bucks! What can 20 bucks buy these days. Two tickets to the movies, half tank of gas, a t shirt, a crappy meal for three at Mcdonalds. People piss 20 bucks on beer in an hour! My point is...For 20 bucks you can have a whole season of fun with some sort of organization for the races.

What district 17 offers is an organized group of tracks/ clubs who work hard to put on events, protect your right to ride, and yes offer a magazine and event guide. All these items are not availble ANYWHERE in this NATION like we do it in IL d-17. Those are facts.

Those are opinions. You can't tell me that D17 is THE BEST district in the USA, because it's imposible to prove.

The other part is as a setting director on the board of directors of d-17, I have to follow the rules in the d-17 rule book. those same rules in which we have discussed in emails and such in other threads.

You admitted in our e-mails that you don't enforce all the rules. You wrote that you have seen empty beer cans in the garbage after a race. When looking on the D17 web site, the first rule of a Director is to "supervise the event". Allowing beer and pot use is in violation of AMA rules, so you are not supervising the event.

We offer races at FVOR with the AMA/ d-17 banner which like stated above comes with rules. Those rules are no different then what riders have to follow, and we do our best to stay organized and in check with those same rules.

In my opinion, your best isn't good enough, and the Dirt Track Director is even worse.

So to clarify this, we as a track/riding park feel it's a value to our customers, we also don't think there are many that ride/race our stuff that feel much differently about d-17. Of course we all have opinions about organizations, I am not happy at times with stuff that goes on. BUt together is the only way it works.

In fact that little trip to springfield earlier this year, was a direct result of organazation who all worked together to fight a "bad rule".

I didn't learn of that "bad rule" from D17 nor the AMA. I saw it on a use-net forum, authored by someone in a different state. Someone dropped the ball there, don't you think?

We do have "one" day passes available for riders who may only wish to ride once. We gladly will offer those.

sometimes values are shaped and different then direct results.........JMHO

Our e-mail exchange started off by my questioning why I needed a D17 card to run in an exibition race at Mendota on my 1974 CR250M. It would be a great opportunity for young riders and fans to see what MX was like back in the days of it's birth. To be quite honest, not only should us Vintage riders be able to ride there without a D17 card, we should be able to ride for free. Heck, I've heard of other promoters outside of Illinois that actualy pay the riders to show up for an exibition.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

wardy

Michael J Corey

mike i am not going to get into another debate like this, you are correct those are my Biased opinions about this district.

your observations comes from one incident and ALL those emails were forwarded to the correct people in this district.

maybe at one point some times people grow wiery of constant slamming and figure the value of the question.

we don't run a prison, we operate racing events.

Our personal events we don't go through people vehicles, coolers, and any of the other gestapo stuff.

the day i have to do that, is the day we stop running events, let maybe an inidividual like yourself run events with free gate, free entry, and things of that nature.

I will be glad to see how that process works maybe we are doing something wrong?

Gerhard Ward

but most of you know that already.

Our e-mail exchange started off by my questioning why I needed a D17 card to run in an exibition race at Mendota on my 1974 CR250M. It would be a great opportunity for young riders and fans to see what MX was like back in the days of it's birth. To be quite honest, not only should us Vintage riders be able to ride there without a D17 card, we should be able to ride for free. Heck, I've heard of other promoters outside of Illinois that actualy pay the riders to show up for an exibition.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Michael J Corey

yeah trackman, mike is right. you should be paying us to ride there. :p to witness my trusty kdx in action is something most people will never forget, that's gotta be worth something

ok seriously mike, can i have some of what you are smoking? unless your last name is hannah i don't think anyone is going to pay to watch you ride your vintage cr250

$20 bucks! What can 20 bucks buy these days. Two tickets to the movies, half tank of gas, a t shirt, a crappy meal for three at Mcdonalds. People piss 20 bucks on beer in an hour! My point is...For 20 bucks you can have a whole season of fun with some sort of organization for the races.

I agree but not everyone is in the position to do this. Now think of it this way, If you have 5 different places in a month that your dealing with for different things and they all tell you, "it's only 10 or 20 bucks"

It adds up!

Pet Peeve of mine!

Mr. Ward, is the drama really necessary? No one is suggesting you march around the pits like Jack Booted Thugs searching coolers for alcohol or pockets for one hitters. All I'm suggesting is, when you see someone standing in the pits with an open container, or if you catch a whiff of pot smoke, you should do something about it. You can not make the claim that you follow the rules, when you turn a blind eye to rules infractions.

I like to go to races as a family thing. Either watching, or on occasion actually participating, and my children enjoy it too. It's NOT a family thing when you see people under the influence, smoking marijuana, throwing beer cans, etc. Maybe a dysfunctional family does it, but I'm trying my best to be above that.

Someone is going to get seriously hurt, or worse yet killed, because they are under the influence of a mind altering substance, or someone in the pits worked on a bike and messed something up. It would be easy to do, forget to tighten an axle, or leave something else loose, and a rider goes down because of it. I know I don't want to be on the same track as someone like this, and I sure as hell don't want my children on the same track! Motorcycle racing is inherently dangerous, we all know that and are willing to take that risk. Why allow it to be worse then it already is?

Actually, you didn't even have to reply to this, as my question was answered before you even read the thread. When I met with you at the Capitol Building in Springfield, I knew right away what I was dealing with. I walked up and asked if you were Mr. Ward, and shook your hand and introduced myself. The smile instantly left your face, you turned your back to me and walked away. Rather then discuss this very important matter, you'd rather turn your back to it and me. Oh well, that's the way it goes sometimes.

So please, please refrain from statements that you have to follow the rules, because you're not and you don't. Just tell me to go pound sand, and you're not letting me ride in an non-district event because I don't choose to give my money to an organization that picks and chooses which rules to enforce, and which ones to turn their back to.

Thanks again,

Mike.

Mike the "bad rule" as we are referring to it as, would have been brought to your attention had you been a current D17 member. It was certainly brought to my and many others attention from them. I don`t know what your hang up is with $20 stinking dollars and bad rapping the district in general, but man get over it. To think a promoters job is to let you race for free because you ride some 30 year old scrap iron is ridiculous honestly. Also, superviseing and policing an event are two different things and the promoter cannot be held responsible for a few rule breakers. Further you want the MX director to break the rules for you and allow you to race without a card, yet you bad rap him for breaking other rules? Where is the logic?

Just one other thing, since I know you have raced the MVMX series in the past, did you whine this much about buying their membership card?

In Wardy's defense, I would turn around and walk away from you also. I wouldn't want anyone to think I had anything to do with you.

Do us all a favor and exercise your right not to buy a district card.

I did get a good chuckle out of that racing for free comment though. Either you are one arrogant piece of work, or the dumbest SOB I've ever seen.

I've been racing D17 for over 10 years and not once have I seen or even thought that a fellow racer was the under the influence of alcohol or anything else.

The fans in the pits? Alcohol, yes. Pot or anything else, no.

I applaud Wardy for not talking to you in Springfield as he had better things to deal with and I'm sure avoided you so that he didn't get into an argument.

Ever hear of the saying, "Never get into an argument with a fool because from far away it's hard to tell one from the other?" Seems to apply here.

As far as thinking you should race for free because your bike is old....you're dillusional. I could maybe see them letting you in for free if you just put them on display, but if you're going to go out there and risk life and limb like the rest of us, you've got to pay like the rest of us.

i swore i wouldn't get into this but hey my 'grandstanding" on this issue or not answering an e mail is kinda interesting. I answer all my e mails always, i believe in it, and mike yes I would have answered the question about d-17 cards that way, but i didn't get your email on it. I did see it first time in here.

secondly, i am pretty impressed that my so called personality and or your 'treatment" at springfield was anything but professional. If I came off as being "offensive" i will apologize since that was a very hectic day and we were all there to serve a purpose, and well I didn't know "name to face" til after that day on the way home i asked a person who knows if you and this screen name were the same person. i did not know that at the time! I will thank you for showing up and fighting the fight we all have common ground even though we may not agree on other things.

I know you have issues with d-17. I will defend d-17 to the inth degree as I have spent 20 years working hard to make it the best.

But it was said someplace, I will follow the rules the best of my ablitily and absolutely do that with my personal events which are all D-17.

all the rest is well for a different forum.

quite frankly you won't find a better "family" oriented type event then our HS events at FVOR. And well Megacross isn't to far off that either.

of course that is another biased opinion whcih i seem to have alot of lately...........

tell ya what, come to one our HS events, tryit, and then after that see how it plays out. d-17 has one day memeberships just for that reason.

joining dist 17 got me nothing for 6 years...