Mio loop

Looking for something different...Evart,and Tomahawk have been my favourites...any feedback on the Mio loop(May 02nd) would be appreciated...thanks in Advance!:p

Both the Mio and Hunt Creek are very good and challenging loops. Combined they will take up a day to ride. Some good hills, tight and lots of whoops and rocks. There is also balck dirt sections not just sand. The Mio loop is wider but has nice big ruts and some beautiful hardwoods. If you just ride Mio you can ride in a few hours and stay on it pretty hard. Great rolling hills!

Our favorite loops are Evart, Wolverine, and Mio/Hunt creek.

Evart is the most difficult of the three however, Hunt creek does have some surprising hills that come up quickly with a generous supply of big rocks. The first time I took my YZ450 there I had to be careful with the right hand...

I think after riding these you will add to your list of favorites.

I love the Mio loop. It's a bit of everything but I would say decent amount of sand, some tight stuff, some decent hills and great scenery.

Just be aware that the MCCC is holding thier Rites of Spring in Atlanta which is north of Mio. You'll be fine - just stay south of 612.

+1 Generous supply of 3 inch diameter rocks.

But really very interesting trail, varied terrain.

Looking for something different...Evart,and Tomahawk have been my favourites...any feedback on the Mio loop(May 02nd) would be appreciated...thanks in Advance!:p

Hey Denny

Mio is alright. Lots and lots of rocks. Gets chewed up in spots from quads. All in all a decent trail. Some sand , some dirt and a nice little section called the "Black Yuckies". Nice swampy area with thick, gooey mud. It is actually quite cool. The large pools of water will waterfall down across the trail when it is really wet. Add the Hunt creek loop which both trails share a section and it makes for a good days ride. We normally park in the middle of the shared section, do one loop, gas up and do the other loop.

Mike

Hey Denny

Mio is alright. Lots and lots of rocks. Gets chewed up in spots from quads. All in all a decent trail. Some sand , some dirt and a nice little section called the "Black Yuckies". Nice swampy area with thick, gooey mud. It is actually quite cool. The large pools of water will waterfall down across the trail when it is really wet. Add the Hunt creek loop which both trails share a section and it makes for a good days ride. We normally park in the middle of the shared section, do one loop, gas up and do the other loop.

Mike

......thanks Mike,,

Any info on lodging in that area?

......thanks Mike,,

Any info on lodging in that area?

Au Sable Valley Inn on M-33 is about ten minutes away. Very nice accomodations, indoor pool, wi-fi, newer clean rooms. Plenty of food stores and places to eat within minutes.

Au Sable Valley Inn on M-33 is about ten minutes away. Very nice accomodations, indoor pool, wi-fi, newer clean rooms. Plenty of food stores and places to eat within minutes.

I will have to agree with nuddle8. Au Sable Inn is a nice place. There is also the Mio motel and several places that have cabins for rent like the Rainbow resort.

Mike