yz250f timing question

If I were to have the top end of my engine completely disasembled how would I know if my engine is a tdc to put it back together and have timing right? Why i ask is im more worried about it not firing the plug at the right tdc. Does this make sense? From my understanding I could set it up at the wrong tdc. I know about the timing mark and the inspection plugs and how to line it up, but I keep thinking that it is going to hit tdc twice. One time to fire and one time to push exhaust gases out of the cylinder. Thanks in advance for any response.

Kyle

if you tear your motor down it will be fine just make sure your piston is a the top of the cylinder when you reassemble your fine there is only one true TDC when your piston is at the top and you set your cams you make your top dead center:thumbsup:

lol thanks thats what i thought.should have stayed in school longer lol.i dont tear into these too often then i start doubting myself and overthinking.especially when im stuck at work and cant mess with it.thanks alot though!

lol thanks thats what i thought.should have stayed in school longer lol.i dont tear into these too often then i start doubting myself and overthinking.especially when im stuck at work and cant mess with it.thanks alot though!

:p