What is the best place in USA to live and ride?

Hello Everibody

I wanted to ask what is the best state to live and run in the U.S.. because me and my family within the next year we would move in USa.

I know for you there us would seem to you the classical family of immigrants looking for work who may steal your work, you think.But it isn't.We are decent people who want to rebuild their lives elsewhere.Sorry for bad english.I hope to heard from you some advice.Thank you

Well, I can attest that Boise, Idaho and the surrounding area have plenty of opportunity for all kinds of riding and not just on dirt bikes but one can partake in so many other sports from right out the back door to only a couple hour drive. Idaho doesnt have quite the influx of people yet that I've found in other states which is great for riding but maybe not so for work opportunities.

In General - the Northwest (Idaho, Washington, Oregon) is great for any outdoor recreationist!

California....but only because I haven't been anywhere else

What sort of riding are you looking for? What sort of living environment? City? Counrtyside? What is it you're searching for?

What are you looking for? Do you like the city or the country? Do you love mountains or oceans? Do you enjoy seasons and snow or do you want to go someplace warm year round? Is an Italian community important? What kind of work are you looking for? It is hard to find a job in the United States right now.

Good luck. America is very large and diverse, you will be able to find what you want here.

well!We like the country and the sea, the city is too crown!

I am a radiology technician and I work in the city hospital, I hope I can find job!thank you girls of advices

well!We like the country and the sea, the city is too crown!

I am a radiology technician and I work in the city hospital, I hope I can find job!thank you girls of advices

lol... I didn't even realize this was in the thumpette forum, I'm a guy, my bad

California....but only because I haven't been anywhere else

For sure California has the best riding. The trails in idaho are too narrow and difficult. We always go to California on vacation, so we can ride side-by-side on the 'singletrack'.

:p

Seriously, medical jobs are probably less impacted than most other stuff by the recession, and there should be some opportunities in many places. I've lived and ridden in northern california, rural nevada, and idaho, and traveled a bunch in utah and some in arizona, oregon, and colorado. If you like warm weather, look further south (like arizona). If you don't mind actual seasons, further north is good.

I would have said CA but,like was mentioned before the Northwest is simply gorgeous with all kinds of stuff to do. I am an ex cali girl so I am kinda biased towards the west coast.:p

Good luck on your job and location search:thumbsup:

E,

I would have to say Florida, you can ride year round MX and woods plus we have one of the largest race clubs around the good ole USA (check out Floridatrailsriders.org) but then you have to like sand.

CA or TX would be the3 next choice but in CA they have too many tree hugger rules:bonk:

Don:thumbsup:

I will say you won't want to live in Ohio. Around the Cleveland area you would meet other people of Italian descent (I'm half Italian and originally from Cleveland), but Ohio is definitely suffering from the recession. On the other hand medical jobs are always available anywhere. Florida might be a nice place to go and due to the number of senior citizens who live there, I would think medical jobs are easy to find. The northwest is certainly beautiful and it looks like the riding is great there. Where in Italy are you from? Due to the internet we found some of my grandfather's family in Bari. I haven't had the time or money to visit yet but some of my family has gone there to meet them.

I say Georgia. Lots of mountains. I've never lived in any other state & I've never ridden in any other state so I guess I am biased too. But seriously we do have some good mountain trails.

I will say you won't want to live in Ohio. Around the Cleveland area you would meet other people of Italian descent (I'm half Italian and originally from Cleveland), but Ohio is definitely suffering from the recession. On the other hand medical jobs are always available anywhere. Florida might be a nice place to go and due to the number of senior citizens who live there, I would think medical jobs are easy to find. The northwest is certainly beautiful and it looks like the riding is great there. Where in Italy are you from? Due to the internet we found some of my grandfather's family in Bari. I haven't had the time or money to visit yet but some of my family has gone there to meet them.

Thank you all Girls and Guys!

Well I live in Bologna in the north of Italy, Bologna is the mother of Tortellini, Lasagne and Mortadella :p!!

But we really need to move because Italy has tired us(I hope I say it right)!

We're searching for a state or a city that have a good schools, good service, we really like the country. US are so big!Well for foreign people US is famous for the beach in California and Florida, for the Appalachi Mountain in the north, for the big city like New York, Washington DC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Miami and well we are really undecided on which area to live and last but not least my kids mostly the big one knows a little of english

but the other less or nothing!I hope there is some sort of help for foreign student, I know we're weight on your society.

Thank you so much to everyone!

For sure California has the best riding. The trails in idaho are too narrow and difficult. We always go to California on vacation, so we can ride side-by-side on the 'singletrack'.

:p

Seriously, medical jobs are probably less impacted than most other stuff by the recession, and there should be some opportunities in many places. I've lived and ridden in northern california, rural nevada, and idaho, and traveled a bunch in utah and some in arizona, oregon, and colorado. If you like warm weather, look further south (like arizona). If you don't mind actual seasons, further north is good.

I know llama thinks Cali has NO single track but he is wrong. There is some. ANd no room for riders side by side, PAAAAlease! Yeah maybe not AS MUCH narly single track as "his" neck of the woods but there is some. I believe he knows this but likes to point out how inferior Cali is compared to Idaho. I agree it probably is. But there is some good here. Including riders!:lol:

I know llama thinks ......................... likes to point out how inferior <insert anything you please> is compared to <anything Llama related>. I agree it probably is.

There, fixed it. :lol::cry:

I think that's part of his "charm". :p

There, fixed it. :cry::lol:

I think that's part of his "charm". :p

Yea,,,I gather that by now. I can be a "charm" too.:lol: :lol:

I couldn't agree with you more. Riding-wise Ohio isn't TOO horrible(Toledo Area). I have at least a 1/2 hour drive to get to the riding area's around me, but they are good trails. Some people riding Ohio trails travel pretty long distances to get there. But I definitely think Ohio needs a while to bounce back from this recession. Everyone around here seems like their walking on eggshells.

Here is a link to the top 100 places to live in the US according to Money magazine: http://money.cnn.com/magazines/moneymag/bplive/2008/top100/

They take school and work opportunities into account when they do their rankings.

Don't worry about the kids, they will pick up English quickly.

I grew up in rural Western Montana and I've lived in Tennessee, South Carolina, California (Los Angeles area), Nevada (Las Vegas) and Idaho (Boise). The rest of the states I've been in almost every one for at least an overnight stay. I have spent tons of time in the area around Chicago and Boston without actually living there.

Eastern states have more humidity than Western states, Southern states are warmer than Northern states... this leads to some states being real hot/humid hell-holes :p I don't deal heat well so I prefer the Northwest. Boise has the right mix of city and country to me. You get the amenities of restaurants, decent airport, a college, various cultural activities but with a short drive you can be in the mountains or the 'country'. As for riding we have the desert all winter and the mountains all summer.... it really doesn't get any better for riding. Any of the Northwest states would probably work for me though.

I would avoid anything incredibly rural... like pretty much all of Montana, Wyoming, the Dakotas etc. It takes a special breed to live in some of those places :lol: The 'big' cities in those states might be OK but not much outside of them.

As already mentioned the economy sucks right now. The medical field is always growing though so I think you'd do all right most anywhere. Best part is if you don't like where you are living you can just pack up and move :cry: (provided you can find a job in the new location).

I know llama thinks Cali has NO single track but he is wrong. There is some.

I've ridden a tremendous amount of it (lived and worked and studied there for many years). Even helped construct/reclaim some of those trails. It's the best. That's why we keep going back. :lol:

Plus they have beaches. And NHL teams!! (2 of which don't suck!) :p