Looking for group to ride with this year

I'm trying to find a regular riding group this year. I live about 30 mins from Rampart so I wouldn't mind riding that regularly, but want to head up and ride a bunch anywhere so I thought I'd see if I can get on a few people's ride invite lists.

About me... I'm a 33 year old and ride an 04 CRF450 that's set up for trails. As far as skill level, I've been riding a long time, but have only done a few races recently, so I usually just ride sportsman in harescrambles.

Anyway, I'm just trying to find some cool people to ride with... if you're open to having another guy in your group, lemme know. :p

Rampart opened today... hoping to ride some time this week if you wanna head up.

We threw the invite to you last year, still stands. More than likely a lot of trips to 717 this season. I'll post them as they come.

Hey thump33 I live in Castle Rock so I'm like 30 minutes away. I also have rotating weekdays off every week to ride. Try to avoid the weekends. There was a group of us last summer that was doing RR on Monday's. Once that starts up your more than welcome to join in. Post whenever you want to go and maybe we can hook up. I'm busy for the next couple of weeks but after that who knows?

My buddies and I ( a group of around 10 total when everyone can go) ride every weekend year round. We range in from 23 to mid 40's. we are a great bunch of guys that love to camp, ride, drink around the campfire and shoot da chit.

You're more than welcome to ride with us anytime. We all live north of Denver, but we ride all over this kick ass state, from tracks to double track, to as much single track that we can find.

We have a few trips planned for various areas this year (other than our normal every weekend) to everwhere from Taylor Park, to Delta, to Snyder, the list goes on.

B-

Thanks guys... just looking to meet some new people and ride a bunch this year. Last year I didn't ride as much as I'd wanted. This year... I keep saying will be different. :p

I'll keep checking the forums. Feel free to PM me if any particular rides pop up. I'm hoping to make it out to Utah once or twice this year too!

Thanks!

Mike

I'm always looking to expand my circle or riding friends since my usual riding buddy is a flake! I heart Rampart Range, especially on Monday's so count me in.

I am up for mondays this year also

i have weird days off during the week... im with redhurricains group i guess but i am down to ride pretty much anywhere and year round... i have the rest of the month gone as im going to vegas for the sx finals... (if anyone wants to go with me let me know... driving down) but next month its on!! i don't really like to go to RR i would rather go to Rainbow falls. and run up to rampart especially on the weekends!

i don't really like to go to RR i would rather go to Rainbow falls. and run up to rampart especially on the weekends!

I'm cool with Rainbow Falls, too.

I am new to the denver area and always looking for an excuse to go riding. If anyone is going somewhere give me a PM. I can go some weekdays with advance notice. otherwise weekends.

This snow doesn't seem to have hit Canon city area---Penrose are those trails worth driving to from littleton?

I am new to the denver area and always looking for an excuse to go riding. If anyone is going somewhere give me a PM. I can go some weekdays with advance notice. otherwise weekends.

This snow doesn't seem to have hit Canon city area---Penrose are those trails worth driving to from littleton?

I can't speak for the Canon City area because I haven't been down that far yet to include Texas Creek which I hear is pretty good. However, the Penrose area I've riddin quite a bit and it's really not that great for bikes. It's really rocky and the overall riding area is pretty small for the most part. My opinion would be that the drive from Littleton wouldn't be worth it but it's your call. Here's a link to the forum dedicated to that area.

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/viewarea.php?t=727061

Texas Creek is a good riding area when the snow has closed most other places off on the front range. You can still get snowed out on the north side, but usually the south side offers opportunities to twist the throttle. I agree that Penrose Commons is not the best for two wheels. And, they close the rain gate way too often. But, it is dirt - and you can have fun if everything else is snowed out. I ride with an older group and we were all fairly fast in our youth. But, those days are gone and we enjoy the technical stuff at a much slower pace now than the old days. We ride 717 with great frequency, and we try and get a couple Taylor trips in every year. We hope to do the Rainbow Trail this year as well. So, drop me a PM if you are interested and I will let you know when we are heading out. Two of us (maybe more) are going to try and bust 717 drifts this Saturday, so it should be interesting.

joe

Where is everyone going this Monday?

Where is everyone going this Monday?

Work.:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

sux!!

BOO!!! I have to work this weekend, so Monday is my only option for riding.

I was hoping to go up to Rambow falls or Divide 717 this monday personally

I was hoping to go up to Rambow falls or Divide 717 this monday personally

Rambo Falls? Is that the place they filmed all the Stallone movies?

Just bustin your chops cause it looked funny. I'd actually like a ride report from 717 area- we're toying with a weekend trip there over Mother's Day weekend.

When my wife asked her 13 year old daughter if she'd rather do a Mother/Daughter tea thing or go ride that weekend the response was:

"PFFT, are you kidding me? Tea sucks."

Girls. :banghead:

you have a unique family and i envy you!! i can't ride till i get back from vegas... its quickly turning into a nevada ride... i have a ride planed for just about everyday now!! GOD I LOVE @ WHEELS!!!

I won't have internet from about now until Sunday afternoon, but I was hoping to ride with some peeps if anyone is going out. I'm wide open on saturday, and open Sunday after about noon. Probably dumb to put my phone number up here, but I have little other choice... I will take it down on Sunday. Call me at 720-979-7337 if you have room in a ride group this weekend.

Thanks!

Mike